91 ls400 climate control LCD question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jx295c

Do any of you have experience ordering a climate control LCD through Pioneer directly? I've heard they have an LCD replacement part for the LS, part no. CAW1385. I spoke with a phone rep but were not willing to share any details of the part, i.e. dimension, progs, etc. I just wanted to be sure this part would work. Also, their refund policy sucks too, so if any of you could tell me if this is indeed the correct part, I'd appreciate it. thanks.

I really dont think you can get the LCD byself. I have tried many times already, but no luck. Perhaps u might get lucky.... please do let us know when you do.

There's a guy here in Aus who has them , I have fitted two of these , one into my Celsior , they have a slightly more modern font , looks heaps better , I also did the LED blue back light while I was at it .
He shows up on ebay .com.au every now and again , I have seen similar stuff on ebay in the States , I believe he now ask's $160.00 for them .

Just get the Jim Wolf screen from lextreme!! I was hesitant to solder the 45 pins (since I had never soldered before) but i took my time and it was a very easy/cost effective procedure. I noticed that a battery powered handheld solderer is easy to hold and its pretty straight forward. $160 for a new/better than oem screen.