Calling All Adaptronic Owners in Socal

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Guys,

I know at least 4 people in my local area have the Adaptronic. Anyone want to meet up during Christmas Holiday and chat about the wiring and tune for our car? Sniper, SPF and Smitherz......

Sure! I should be playing with mine this weekend or at least next week FINALLY!!! Front end will be done by the weekend and then I'll be securing the wiring in the engine bay. Going as fast as I can guys.

Happy to fly over if you send over the Lextreme private jet to pick me up.....

I have plenty of info and have playing with my Adaptronic for a while now.

Make sure you all have the latest firmware and software loaded in as there is quite a few new features.

I am in the process of setting up the predictive map for transiant throttle and it looks like it will work very well.

Western Australia!!!! Perth? That is far... half way around the world. My private jet only able to travel around 30 miles. If you can get to me within 300 miles I can use my jet to pick you up. :) If you are in our town during that time, please feel free to let us know. Isnt time for a vacation? US is the best deal now. Exchange rate is good now. :)

Looks like you need to buy a bigger private jet.

I'll get there one day.

It's a very good exchange rate (for us) at the moment with $ for $ predicted for the new year.

I found the Adaptronic easy to configure and set up, the basic set up tab in WARI does all the hard work for you.

The Adaptronic 420c is probably not everyones cup of tea but for me as a beginner with all this stuff I found it quite easy to use and runs my car very well. I cant comment how well it would perform against a top end ecu but it's good value for what I'm doing. The only problems I have had have been self inflicted by playing with the setting but it's easy to go back to a known tune.

Count me in. I'll be back from Colorado around Dec 12th.

Cobber,

I am 80% sure my issues were reflashing the firmware, any tips on doing this? Myself, David and our builder have been at a brick wall for months now. Adaptronic site was a little mysterious as far as directions go. Currently my 420c is wired w/ stock ECU loom for TPS based 50% duty cycle.

Last edited:
Injectors are 7MGTE 440cc black top units. I have them set at 1.9A peak & hold.
Std fuel reg.
Bosch 044 fuel pump.

The latest version of WARI has the firmware upgrade software (Flash it) built into it. Download the latest firmware V1.0Q.adf from the downloads page. I would also recommend downloading and printing off the instruction manual. Makes for good late night reading to send you to sleep. I found I needed to read things at least 3 times before it sunk in as I had never played with any sort of efi stuff before. Read the manual about re flashing firmware, it takes you through the process. You need to power off the ecu to re set it during the re flash firmware process.

Sometimes there can be issues re flashing if you are using the wrong flash it program, that's why they incorporated it into the new WARI. I would suggest downloading the new WARI that has the flash it built in as a firmware tab at the top of the page. Click on the tab and then load the latest firmware(V1.0Q).

There can also be issues with USB to serial adapters some seem to work some don't. I use a vintage IBM think pad that was given to me that has a serial output so I don't need to run a USB adapter. Has worked fine with no issues.

Not sure why you are running tps based, I would have thought map based would have been better for your set up. I'm running map 1 and map 2 selected on digital input so I can switch between 2 different tunes.

I'm no expert on this and take no responsibility for letting smoke out of anybodies ecu or engine. Understand what your doing before playing.

Last edited:
so far my serial-to-usb cable communicates with my laptop just fine, I am getting real time like it should and its com port is recognised.

To be honest my builder recommended this setup to keep the factory gauges, run the auto box and keep everything "miraged" from peering law enforcement. I am told std ECU will run the engine until 50% throttle.

Life would be super easy if the Adaptronic could cover all my bases. I know the Adaptronic can run the trans, what about ABS, gauges and OBD triggering?

Last edited:
I think the Adaptronic is used more as a piggy back so to speak and just controls fuel spark and idle. The rest trans gauges etc is done by the OEM ecu.
From what I know (limited) The OBD2 port should still think / show the OEM ecu is running everything. I believe there is a board that can be made up so the OEM ecu does not throw codes. Read through the install notes of Neils supercharged soarer on the field applications page at Adaptronic.

http://www.adaptronic.com.au/field.php#1UZFE-Supercharged

Not sure how your car has been wired up but I would have thought the transition from one ecu to the other at 50% throttle would cause issues if that is how it actually works.

anyone wiring up an adaptronic id advise to run thicker crank cam sensor wires
recently did one and the wires were so thin could not get good crimp
best thing to do is use one of the other unused wires fr the crank and cam signals
the 3 or 4 most important wires in th whole unit and they bloody use pissweak thin wires

best thing to do is look out for 2 or 3 mm 4 core shielded cable
its very hard to find it in australia
i did buy it once and was very thick and useless if used in a loom

wish one day i could design an ecu
recon id make so much user friendly than half the stuff thats out there
fitting them regularly to all different types of cars makes u love and hate some of them out there