Calling all Australian's, Need assistance..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ToranaJudd

Hey guys.

Could someone please , preferably in NSW, enlighten me with a few phone numbers or somewhere where i can obtain information about building brand new kit cars purchased over seas and the legalities of getting them regisered here in NSW. Some info would also be appreciated in the way of getting said items thru duties/customs and what people have experienced. I really want to know what I am up for before I buy an Ultima GTR kit.

Plans are 1uz with TT.

My suggestion would be go straight to the horses mouth and contact the licencing department in NSW that handles registration.
Tax wise contact customs, there is quite a bit on the customs website regarding importing vehicles. If it is in kit form (not a vehicle as such yet) you will just pay import duty if applicable and GST.
If it's in kit form you may need to get torsional tests done and engineering sign off before it can be registared.
The problem you may have is that if you are building and registering a "new" vehicle in NSW you must meet the current immision regulations which realy restricts your engine choice. 1UZ with twin turbos would never pass.
NSW is probably one of the hardest states to register a kit car (ICV) Individually Constructed Vehicle.

Don't let that stop you though an Ultima would be awsome to build.

Cobber,

You've covered it well.

An ICV rego in NSW is very difficult.

You will need the latest emisions engine to get it through and then it must be completely stock.

What are you looking at?

Sometimes a little thought "outside the box" works.

I'm not an Aussie, nor do I know your about your rego laws in NSW, but aren't there 1-2 GT40 replicas running there with 1UZ's?

ToranaJudd, you might have a browse of www.gt40s.com and do some searches using 1UZ. One owner/builder's username is Lance IIRC, and I'm pretty sure he's in Oz, but whether it's NSW, I don't know.

Being built here [if it was] and importing brings in other issues..
An older vehicle has less issues also...
I guess it would be easier to have two engines

WA and QLD are both on ADR 37 so a standard 1UZ will go through in those states.

Like all things there are holes and ways and means if you are determined.

Hypothetically speaking:)

Ever thought of moving interstate for a few months while you go through rego?

We realy do have a stuffed system in this country I am able to register a cobra with a 1UZ in WA with working live side pipes and then legally drive it to NSW. The amazing thing is that in NSW it would never get through rego with a 1uz or side pipes.

I could make enough room in my shed for an Ultima for a couple of months if you like as long as I get a little go of course.