Calling all 1uzfe enthusiasts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mkmarz

Recently acquired a '92 SC400 engine/trans/harness/sensors/fuel tank etc... This was picked up with the intentions of putting in my rockcrawler... Which currently has a 3zve.

The trans needs a rebuild, which is going to slow down this project enough. The engine also needs some freshening up. Appears it had been leaking oil for a while and has high miles. My plans were to seal it up and worry about maintenance items after the swap is completed.

In the interest of time, I started looking for a lower mileage motor. JDMs are readily available and priced fairly. Does anyone know if the fuel rail and injectors are the same as our market? I've read there is a difference between LS and SC injectors. But would a soarer and a sc400 of the same vintage be any different? I realize that JDM motors should be torn down anyways. That will most likely happen once the conversion is operational.

Aside from the smog gear for US market and differing fuel and ignition maps in the ECU (as well as the extra wiring for smog) from my research they're pretty much the same. Now keep in mind while I may be in Australia the domestic Lexus models here aside from having the steering wheel on the correct side of the car are pretty much the same spec as US models.

Now while in the early days (20 years ago) yes it was a very wise idea to pull a JDM motor down and freshen it up, now that isn't so much of a biggie. I mean in the last 3 years every engine we've ever had when the sump has been removed to mod it to fit the 4bie the engine is found to be "As new" inside and never had an issue with one. Same cannot be said for some of the electrics on them if some numpty wrecker has left the damn thing sitting outside in the rain not covered up.

Yes the SC has larger injectors than the LS, Also fuel in and out on the SC is at the top left side of the engine and the LS is at the bottom depending on the model. You may find also that a stock 1U may not be quite suitable for a crawler. I'd be wanting some custom cams and aftermarket ECU so you can bring the torque in low and if wanting auto probably run a TH400 behind it