Calling All MX Cressy drivers!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Aussie Drifter

Calling All MX Cressy drivers!

I have just got my hands on a MX83 Grunde. (Unfinished project).

The car already has a 1UZ / W58 combo, everything is there except ECU and exhaust.

I plan to use the car as a weekend street and track car (Drift).

The decision that I have is should I go Wipple Supercharged 1UZ / R154 combo or 2J Single Turbo / Twin plate T56??

The other factor I have is my tow / work Ute (HZ Tonner) is in desperate need of Toyota refinement. Haha. If I go for the 2J I can have a supercharged daily street / Work Ute. If I don’t I will have to go with the NA / w58 package.

At this Point I am thinking 2JZ Cressy and supercharged 1UZ Ute. I like the idea of having 2 big power street cars and to get the most of the investments other than on the track. :D

I am chasing input on how the Cressy will go with the V8 from those who have driven / owned one, and or any other input that will help me decide on witch direction to go.

Cheers
Adam

I do like being different, that’s why I would never drift a Silvia unless it was a free drive. Lol (Like that will ever happen! haha)

I currently drift a Holden Commodore (Small 4 door version of the Pontiac Monaro). It has the supercharged 1UZ in it at Present. 14psi, 280rwkw 800nm of tire shredding fun :D

If I use this Bad boy in the drift Cressy I am going to up the boost to 17-18psi and go to 4.11 diff gears.

If you guys want to see any photos and updates I am covering the projects under Missile Motorsport on facebook. Just do a search and please become a fan. J

There will be various upgrade / performance parts that will be under development for the X8 and Silvia’s. I will keep regular updates as I go along. I am not going to disclose what these are until I have had a chance to test and develop them.

So we are at:
1uz: 1
2 jz: 0

Cheers Adam