Project Thread C10 engine swap/build

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bayareese

Hi am Reese 20 United States
I am looking for help building a boosted 1UZ-FE

I have little knowledge of engines and don't claim to know much, so if possible explain things to me in detail please
I want to start out by make around 400-500 horse power with capability to make 700 horsepower in the future
If there is any preferred engine modifications please let me know
I have a 1998 VVTI block with a T56 transmission and bell housing adapter

400-500HP is a big ask without spending heaps of ash.

700 is spending serious amounts of cash.

Turbo charging will get you horsepower cheaper than supercharging but less torque and I guess torque is what you are after.

A 1998 engine will need new rods straight up and forged pistons to go with them.

Throw in cams and intake and exhaust mods plus head work and lots of labour and you may get what you want.

Do I have to build the bottom end as well?

I don't mind taking my time as doing it right, because the truck has a working & driving 350 rn, so I'm building the engine outside of the vehicle

I want to know reputable brands that y'all recommend,

I am budgeting to build the motor to high specs, because I am planning to track the truck for fun and do some drag strip hits

I know it's a heavy platform but I want something unique!!

400-500HP is a big ask without spending heaps of ash.

700 is spending serious amounts of cash.

Turbo charging will get you horsepower cheaper than supercharging but less torque and I guess torque is what you are after.

A 1998 engine will need new rods straight up and forged pistons to go with them.

Throw in cams and intake and exhaust mods plus head work and lots of labour and you may get what you want.
I am also getting the heads ported right now!
Would you also recommend to bore the engine?

No. The sleeves are not thick enough to bore the engine to any appreciable degree.

Re-sleeving was done about 10 years ago but is difficult and expensive.

Search for posts by Lextreme around 2010 as he was into it then.