85 C10 1uz (a.k.a. Project WTF)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OK update,

My Wolf V500 EMS arrived.
Now to go COP's. I heard 2uz/3uz coils are close to bolt in. Is that correct?

Also to achieve a solid 500 rwhp what internal parts do I need?
I know I need to open up the engine, But what parts would be best to use? Looking for opinions here?

It will run 2x variable-vane turbos or a m112 jag supercharger with dual water to air inter coolers.

Pro's and Con's greatly appreciated

Thanks, and Happy Halloween

Tundra coils will work fine; I've had them up over 20 psi of boost.

I would have a complete forged bottom end if you're chasing 500 RWHP; I would do a set of new forged rods & pistons.

Turbo or supercharging is a personal coice.

Given the weight of the C10 I'd lean toward supercharging with the boost being dialed in early, so a little overdrive wouldn't be bad.

You don't need to rev it past 6,000rpm so work from that backwards.

From memory the 112 maxes at around 12,000rpm so a 1:1.9 drive ration would see it on boost down low but not out of breath at 6,000 rpm.

Tundra coils will work fine; I've had them up over 20 psi of boost.

I would have a complete forged bottom end if you're chasing 500 RWHP; I would do a set of new forged rods & pistons.

I was thinking the rods and pistons offered here on Lextreme, coupled with a full set of ARP hardware. Do I need to touch the heads at all, besides a refresh?

Turbo or supercharging is a personal choice.

Given the weight of the C10 I'd lean toward supercharging with the boost being dialed in early, so a little overdrive wouldn't be bad.

You don't need to rev it past 6,000rpm so work from that backwards.

From memory the 112 maxes at around 12,000rpm so a 1:1.9 drive ration would see it on boost down low but not out of breath at 6,000 rpm.

Well the weight of my little C10, last time I drove it was 3000Lbs 1.5Tons, and its been on a steady diet, by removing some old overweight components. But I do like the idea of a supercharger.

Thanks for your help guys.

I would just do a basic valve job, plus replace the stem seals. Of course if you think you'll ever increase the boost, you might want to change the valve springs....

I would just do a basic valve job, plus replace the stem seals. Of course if you think you'll ever increase the boost, you might want to change the valve springs....

So stronger valve springs.

By looking at some of these build on here, I guess the sky's the limit right?

Whats the mayor flaw of these engines?

btw thanks on the tundra cop confermation, I better start looking for those.

Thanks

John

Whats the mayor flaw of these engines?

Thanks

John

I'm beginning to think the major flaw of these engines are the owners (like me) who think they can improve on Toyota's build quality. A number of us have put well over $15K into our motors and have had problems.

Other Lextremers simply take stock high mileage motors and run the foo out of them with no issues.

I figure I could have bought between 30 and 40 eBay motors with the money I've spent on mine. Sure it's been fun and quite a learning experience, but after 6 years I still haven't transplanted it into my Supra.

So there's a lot to be said for taking a stock motor and just running it 'till she blows.

So in other words keep the oil clean, and low boost and drive it till it dies. (which is probably never)

I mean I've been amazed by my engine, sat for 6-7 years. I simply put new oil and plugs in it and she fire after 3 turns and runs steady.

I just really like the way these engines are built, (complicated to north american standards) nothing like a high revving v8. Mind you a stroker is also something of a beauty.

What are some good feasible numbers out of a 1uz?

Thanks

John

I used the COP coils from a VQ30de nisan engine for my COP setup. The VQ30de is a v6 and has 3 vertical coils and 3 horizontal coils. I used 6 horizontal and 2 vertical coils. I went to the junk yard and pulled the coils and coil harnesses from 2 late model maxima's and the total cost was $50. These coils are in a bunch of common cars. These coils fit nicely and use a 5V to ground TTL Trigger so there is no need for high power coil drivers or switching transistors.

Attachments

• 2010-05-06 21.35.52.jpg
    2010-05-06 21.35.52.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010-05-06 21.37.10.jpg
    2010-05-06 21.37.10.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 8