BMW E30 1uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
BimmerLex Pictures

Here is the drivers motor mount and trans mount. I made the motor mounts quick and even though its rock solid I might replace them with a better design at some point. I took the BMW motor mount arms and cut the center section out of one and the end section out of the other. I used the predrilled holes and bolted one side to the BMW motor mount and the other to the Alloy perch on the 1UZ. On the Trans, I slid one bolt (drivers side to rear) on the pre-existing BMW bolt track and I drilled through the hole that is about two inches in front of the back bolt. I dropped the bolt down through the floor board and used a nut on the bottom. I drilled the other two holes (3/8 drill bit) once I had these two tightened down and once I was convinced there was enough room to fit my radiator and electric fan set-up. The right side has to be spaced. I'm thinking I will use these very strong polyurethane bushings I have to conform to the floorboard for the spacers. I dropped two bolts through the passenger floorboard and used nuts on them too. This is all just in the rough and I change my mind a lot so It may actually be different when I'm finished. Any one out there made progress on the their E30 projects?

Brake booster Mod Lexus Booster into E30

For the brake booster I'm going to use a 1/2" thick alloy plate that I found in a scrap bin. I'm going to try to mount the booster to this plate and then to the left side shock tower. Hopefully I'll then have enough room for the Lexus brake booster which is much more narrow than the BMWs. I removed the ABS and cut the brackets flush with the fender. The brackets held the BMW fuse box. I cut the plate out of the Lexus's firewall and cut and welded it into the BMW about 1" further towards the left side. I cut the pedal off the Lexus assembly and threw it away then I cut the BMWs pedal off the BMW assembly and spaced it 2" to the left before welding it onto the Lexus pedal assembly. The top of the assembly had to be shaved of excess metal too. The plug for the brake switch drops perfect right where the switch is and bolts right to the plate I welded on. The bolts to the pedal assmbly will run through both the BMW firewall and Lexus plate that are overlapped and welded together. I'll make a rod that attaches from the pedal assembly to about 6inches awy from the firewall where the booster will be. I saw someones design on a different thread a while ago. It had the booster on the right front side. Does anyone know if that way worked out. Or who was doing that?

Reposting your pic from PhotoBucket. Just a test....

Apparently it works OK - can you email me your other pics? I'm curious why they won't post. I'm PM'ing you my email addy.

This is just awesome.. my new inspiration. Now that I can see that it fits in an e30, my e36 pipedream just might make it into reality!

Nice work.. good snug fit, and still access to the spark plugs. nice job.. now off to source a motor!

Dan

i wired a 1uz into a bmw 318 few months ago

and also checked out other bits on the car

i recon if u can mount a remote booster

say under the front inner guard

since in australia we have right hand drive in a 318i the booster is still on left hand side on some bmws

they extended the shaft and booster forward to past the strut tower

by looking at the whole setup i recon it would look much nicer if u can hide the booster under the guard or somehwere

just goto a well know brake place and ask for other ideas as havin the booster in engine bay will not leave much room and if u ever have to work on it it will be a pain

another thing is make sure u make radiator and fan easy to come out incase u need to do work on front of engine

as they do not have much room left

just thought id let u know i have some pics of the bmw on my website somewhere if yr interested
sin

Has anyone here seen it done to an e36? engine bay is wider and longer than the e30, so radiator anf fan ect shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The more I see pics of that e30, the more I want to do it

no

I haven't seen any E36 1UZ cars but I would like to do one after this. Although I like the fold forward hood design of the E30. What about dropping a 2002 Infiniti M45 engine in it. I'm definitely doing a M45 engine swap into something in the future. You should just start doing it. Check where your rack and pinion is and where the sump is on your 1UZ and you'll know. the Trans tunnel has a lot of room. I ended up raising the trans as high as I could in the tunnel and its spaced up about an inch from the Lexus cross member. The driveshafts are the same diameter between the LS400 and the E30 BMWs. It must be the same for a E36. It only cost me $53 dollars to get them cut and welded together. I used one rubber bushing from the Lexus and the carrier bearing u joint set up from the BMW.

I like the Booster set up Sideshow. Thats what I had in mind. Does it work good? Is that the factory booster? I love the Z car.

i heard they had probs gettin it perfect but eventually they got it ok
think it was just an adjustment thing

but ive worked onalot fo old cars where the customers get remote boosters fitted and i think that way is much nicer and easier to work on for down the track