Bmw E30 1uzfe dyno results :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
its your car! :p

stock they do about 130 - 150RWKW, yes?

according to this dyno/operator, yours is doing about 210RWKW, with pretty basic mods....

does this add up to you?

Yip agreed the EARLY STOCK 1uzfe do 130-150kw,

this is a late one remember, just before vvti came out, so its different to the first batch of 1uz.

Is it that hard to belive that with extractors,zorst,computer,98gas,well designed intake and all of the changes toyota made in 95 to 1uz that 207kw at the wheels is not possible? Im no expert on dynos but i do no my stuff about the cars

lol, its an estimate you twit, can't you read?

it did about 180rwkw, the dyno sheet was nothing more than an estimate of the flywheel power, based on this figure.

Ok, since you are not sure how it works Ill explain it...

The dyno sheet is not an estimate of anything, its what the car made on the dyno at the time at the wheels. You CAN estimate what the power would be at the motor if you apply a conversion factor in the software, such as 1.15. Which would then multiply the power at the wheels by this factor to get the power at the motor. Which IS an estimate. Now this is the key part, the power in the dyno sheet has a conversion factor of.... 1. Now knowing what we do about power and correction, what do you think this means? Yup, its power at the wheels, no conversion to the motor... you can back pedal on your twit comments any time you like.

its your car! :p

stock they do about 130 - 150RWKW, yes?

according to this dyno/operator, yours is doing about 210RWKW, with pretty basic mods....

does this add up to you?

I have seen numerous stock 1UZ's make 240-250WHP on various dyno's being hub and rolling road. Including my own.

Drifty's power is totally reasonable based on his motor configuration.

I have seen numerous stock 1UZ's make 240-250WHP on various dyno's being hub and rolling road. Including my own.

Drifty's power is totally reasonable based on his motor configuration.

and once again, you're clearly a twit if you think a completely stock, 15 year old car is making more power than when it was brand new!

:S

go back to your sheep, its the only thing you new zealanders seem to be able to do properly.

and once again, you're clearly a twit if you think a completely stock, 15 year old car is making more power than when it was brand new!

:S

go back to your sheep, its the only thing you new zealanders seem to be able to do properly.

Are you going to deal with the argument presented on the correction of flywheel in the dynapack software being 1 to 1 or just keep calling me a twit?

I never new the stock 1UZ came with a Link computer, custom headers and exhaust and intake.

Anyways, if you want to have the last word, more power to you, go ahead, you can lead a horse to water but cant make him understand the facts of the situation.

Drifty,

Sorry your thread got filled with a bunch of ignorant comments.

Well done on your results, its an awesome package you have there from motor to shell!

All good mate,its always interesting to here everyones comments,even if some of them are pretty anti.

Thanks for the comments about the car, im really happy with it. And the best thing about it is that it handles even better than it goes in a straight line lol, its not all about power guys

Thats the car community for ya, always something to complain or argue about.

Yeah the E30 chassis has a great reputation. Next speed event thats on at Ruapuna we should get you out there!

While not a perfect rule I think a 22% loss for the LS400 is a good rule of thumb. My 1999 rated at 290hp flywheel has posted a best on my GTech Pro Competition of 225rwhp. (not a dynojet but at least something to consider) Many GS400s rated at 300hp dynojet around 235rwhp. I have only seen on 1996 LS400 and it was rated at 260hp and dynojet around 200hp. All good examples of a 22% loss.

The 1st gen engines rated at 250hp if accurate should dynojet around (250-22% = 195) 195rwhp but they are very consistent around 175rwhp. That equates to around 225hp flywheel. As I said above the 2nd gen engines seem to be accurately rated at 260hp flywheel. I have posted why I believe this to be the case many times so a search will answer that if need be.

So, this engine started out at 260hp. Now, in the lighter tighter car it will loose less to the drivetrain. I don't remember off hand but if a manual transmission it would do even better. So, lets use 17% in this car. 260 - 17% = 216rwhp. Not a bad number. I do not know how the dynapack compares to a dynojet but that is another variable. Still, more or less a gain of 60rwhp (73hp flywheel) with exhaust and tuning is very impressive if accurate.

I said in an earlier post. Weigh the car with driver and make some passes at the track. MPH in the 1/4 mile will be a good measurement of real power being used.

Thats the car community for ya, always something to complain or argue about.

Yeah the E30 chassis has a great reputation. Next speed event thats on at Ruapuna we should get you out there!

Im keen as for the next event, ill have to take it a little easy on the old girl tho, dont want to wreck her so soon haha. Let me no when though

So, this engine started out at 260hp. Now, in the lighter tighter car it will loose less to the drivetrain. I don't remember off hand but if a manual transmission it would do even better. So, lets use 17% in this car. 260 - 17% = 216rwhp. Not a bad number. I do not know how the dynapack compares to a dynojet but that is another variable. Still, more or less a gain of 60rwhp (73hp flywheel) with exhaust and tuning is very impressive if accurate. ...

no no. he's claiming 280 horse power at the wheels! compared to the stock ~216 wheel horse power, thats an 84hp gain, or 30% power gain from stock...

no no. he's claiming 280 horse power at the wheels! compared to the stock ~216 wheel horse power, thats an 84hp gain, or 30% power gain from stock...

Ummmm Im certainly no math whizzz.... but last time I checked he actually has 280WHP and this estimated 216WHP is 64WHP more. The loss in a manual transmission is significantly less than in auto's, refer heat losses (22% is a redicuously high). If you want to start a thread on HP corrections and losses etc, go do it and stop being an ignorant asshole in Drifty's thread. Where are the mods?

DBB, drifty was originally NOT claiming 279rwhp. It is the shop itself that states this is RWHP. When you look at the actual dyno is shows no correction. This is 4000GTs point and represents actual RWHP recorded on that dyno run with the dynapack system.

I stated earlier that 279rwhp would be HARD to believe. Is this a legitimate number? I do not know. That is why I suggest getting it to the track to see what it runs AND weighing it so calculations can be made.

Please review my calculations again. I said that he would be gaining in the neighborhood of 60rwhp if the dyno is accurate NOT 84hp.

Now, I have seen a number of first generation engines (175rwhp stock) get high flow exhaust and ECU tuning recording 210-220rwhp. That is a gain of up to 45rwhp. So, this example would be 15rwhp more than what many others have done with earlier engines.

This particular engine is a second generation (200rwhp stock) with higher compression (10.4-1 vs 10.0-1) and slightly better camshafts. Changing the chassis is the reason I estimated 216rwhp on an otherwise bone stock engine. 216rwhp is an educated GUESS.

All told these numbers are suspiciously high but within possiblility. Let's wait on some track numbers before calling anyone dishonest.