Bmw E30 1uzfe dyno results :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The loss in a manual transmission is significantly less than in auto's, refer heat losses (22% is a redicuously high).

A drivetrain loss thread may be in order. That said what do you believe the actual drivetrain loss to be on a stock Lexus? If the number is less than 22% that would make the first gen engines WAY overrated at 250hp. Using say 17% with a 175rwhp measurement leaves 211hp flywheel (250hp claimed). 17% on a GS400s recorded 235rwhp leaves 283hp flywheel (300hp claimed)

Dyno readout comparison

Hi all,
a few months back I had my ute on the NZEFI dyno. Since Drifty has the same gearbox (so I'll assume the same losses) I thought I'd overlay the two dyno results for comparison (same scale)

My ute has a 92 crown in it (215cc injectors, stock everything, log headers etc)

So my 2 cents are that the traces are basically the same up till around 3000 rpm, where combination of better headers, intake, newer engine and aftermarket ecu start making differences.

Here's a link to my original dyno sheet.
http://lextreme.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6180&d=1187132862

I started explaining the differences in more detail but it became a long winded ramble, so I deleted it...

Muzz

Hi all,
a few months back I had my ute on the NZEFI dyno. Since Drifty has the same gearbox (so I'll assume the same losses) I thought I'd overlay the two dyno results for comparison (same scale)

My ute has a 92 crown in it (215cc injectors, stock everything, log headers etc)

So my 2 cents are that the traces are basically the same up till around 3000 rpm, where combination of better headers, intake, newer engine and aftermarket ecu start making differences.

Here's a link to my original dyno sheet.
http://lextreme.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6180&d=1187132862

I started explaining the differences in more detail but it became a long winded ramble, so I deleted it...

Muzz

Cheers for your input on this Muzz, good to see another 1uz on the same dyno for comparison. When are we goin to have a 1uz chch meet?

Hi Riley,
I reckon a meet up early on in the new years, as we're off up north to spend Christmas with family as of tomorrow.

I've spent the last 5 nights straight setting up to get the RX7 running before I leave so that Chris can keep working on it while I'm away; hopefully it will be running tonight... brakes and clutch aren't connected yet so won't be driving it (and no throttle cable either, or exhaust, come to think of it there's heaps missing.. )

Muzz

I have an alternator issue, otherwise I am good to go. Getting alternator back from sparky today so hopefully all good. So early new year would be perfect. Maybe make it at a speed event? :)

I didnt read the whole thread, but Jake a kw is a kilowatt. 1000 watts. Watt is a unit of power, same exact thing as hp. Only a hp is somethin like 746 watts I think but I dont remember. So hp=(power in kw)*1000/746

I didnt read the whole thread, but Jake a kw is a kilowatt. 1000 watts. Watt is a unit of power, same exact thing as hp. Only a hp is somethin like 746 watts I think but I dont remember. So hp=(power in kw)*1000/746

Not perfect but close enough for comparision.

To calculate HP from kW simply multiply kW times 1.34
Ex: 100kW x 1.34 = 134hp

The reverse is of course true. 134hp / 1.34 = 100kW

In this thread 279rwhp = (279/1.34=208) = 208rwkW

well i havnt been round this forum for a while so have just found this thread. haha there are some true gentlemen on here isnt there! it was all fun and games then someone had to throw in the old sheep-shagging nz joke. real mature guys, real mature... (ps. nz doesnt actually even have that many sheep; it is a myth, like how we live in grass huts, and can drive to australia on that bridge that just got built)

so anyways, back to the power issue. i had the same problem on here when i posted my 1uz bmw's 193kw at the hubs figure, and nobody believed me. speedtech tuned it, and if anyone has a problem with them they can go lick balls, cos andre does good work and wouldnt mess with things to give higher figures.
what i concluded from my old thread was that americans are tuning on 91 octane fuel and mostly in automatics and on rolling road dynos.
kiwis tune and run their 1uz's on 98 octane fuel, use hub dynos, and most run manual gearboxes.

hub dynos dont have losses for turning wheels - higher reading than rolling road.
higher octane fuel has a higher detonation threshold - can be tuned for higher power.
manuals use less power than autos - more power.

rileys car has some very nice extractors, which if i had i would expect almost 15kw from what i have.
193kw at the hub + 15kw = 208kw at the hubs.
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................. interesting...........

im not an expert and dont claim to be, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. if anyone calls me a twit, you are silly and probably have a small wanger.
cheers

340i

im not an expert and dont claim to be, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. if anyone calls me a twit, you are silly and probably have a small wanger.
cheers

340i
Gawd I love that sayin... "he must have a small penis.."cracks me up everytime..examples of small penis syndrome;
Very large house=small wanger
Big flash car= as above
Loads of cash with a hot Missus= as above-the hot chick is init for the cash..
etc etc..you see how it works..lol
Still it's entertaining at my age..:p