Bmw E30 1uzfe dyno results :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

drifty325i

Well had the car on the dyno yesterday,im really happy with the results.

Made 279.1 hp (The highest they have EVER :) made on a non vvti 1uz without head and cam work)

Was a really hot and muggy day,and the car overheating lol (radiator needs to be bigger) had not been serviced (they forgot :() Throttle was sticking,

They said once i get a few things sorted i should bring in back in and they feel ill make 288/295hp with no probs at all.

All i can say its awesome fun to drive and sounds AMAZING! im so so so so happy with it and really happy with the power its making.

Sound just like a v8 supercar!!!!!!!

whats a black top, only heard that used on Sr20s and 4ag 20Vs

also does anyone know what a bone stock 1uz with a manaul should make to the wheels?

whats a black top, only heard that used on Sr20s and 4ag 20Vs

also does anyone know what a bone stock 1uz with a manaul should make to the wheels?

A black top 1uz is just a nick name alot of people are using for the post 95 pre 96 1uzfe,they have higher compression,slightly more aggresive cams,lighter pistons,better flowing headers,alloy fuel rail etc.

They have a big black cover that covers most of the engine factory (ie black top lol like the 4age engines etc)

At the wheels the factory early 1uzs (non black top)make about 130kw to 150kw at the wheels

At the wheels the factory early 1uzs (non black top)make about 130kw to 150kw at the wheels

i have absolutly no idea what a Kw is, ok well i know what it stands for but i dont know what is a lot or a little. there are way too many mesurements of power for muti-national automotive websites arg!!!

Factory figures
2006 SC430 VVTI
288bhp at 5600 rpm FLYWHEEL !!!!

Well, yes, true, BUT of course that is the NEW rating system. Using the "old" system that is the 300hp. No change in power just a different way to rate it. Kind of like when they changed the MPH lights at drag strips. "Recorded" trap speeds went down even though performance did not.

Well had the car on the dyno yesterday,im really happy with the results.

Made 279.1 hp (The highest they have EVER :) made on a non vvti 1uz without head and cam work)

Was a really hot and muggy day,and the car overheating lol (radiator needs to be bigger) had not been serviced (they forgot :() Throttle was sticking,

They said once i get a few things sorted i should bring in back in and they feel ill make 288/295hp with no probs at all.

All i can say its awesome fun to drive and sounds AMAZING! im so so so so happy with it and really happy with the power its making.

Sound just like a v8 supercar!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Great numbers. That said is this the actual RWHP or is this a corrected number that represents crankshaft power? I have seen both methods on chassis dynos and based on your subsequent post I wanted to ask.

Of course the second generation of the 1UZFE is rated 260hp/270tq flywheel. I have often argued the factories rating on the first generation 1UZFE to be inflated and instead of the advertised 250hp the real number is 225hp or so. I also have argued that the 2nd gen engines such as yours as well as the 2rd gen VVTi engines from 1998 on being accurately rated.

sounds like the dyno is wrong to me... lol

The dyno was calibrated this year, and has been validated against others... like I said I have seen many make around 250WHP on several different dynos, its pretty common to make that power here. the only thing that can be done is mess with diff ratios and intake temp correction, which it wasnt, I was there. Its not in their interests to...