Anything I can do to the Tundra 2UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

smokeysevin

Hey guys I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 and I was coming up dry on tundra solutions so I decided to ask here. Is there anything else that I can do to my tundra that is around 500 dollars and will boost the tq and hp on the engine without risking the connecting rods? i already have

SSAutochrome headers with Y pipe
True flow filter
ASP underdrive Pulley
A Dumped CherryBomb Glasspack
4.56 gears waiting on a LSD or Locker
And 285-75-16 BFGs

I want to be in the low six high five range for my 0-60 but without internal engine mods.
Has anybody modified the throttle body for better flow or anything like that? And does anyone make plug wires for the 4.7?
Any other modifications to the top of the engine that basically bolt on that I may have missed? I am also considering a cooler thermostat and electric fans.

Thanks
SEAN

The LSD isnt really needed for me right now unless its wet however that is a priority. my only complaints right now are, the tranny dosent downshift as fast as usuial and the torque band begins at about 2500 so is there anything i can do to alleviate these issues? if I increase fuel flow will I just be crapping on my gas mileage or will ther be any real benifit. also is there any modifcatins I can do to the throttle body or intake tube that will improve airflow into the engine. I dont know if modifieing the throttle body will do anything on the 2UZ but the GM and Ford guys do it on their engines.

thanks
SEAN

I dont think you using nearly 50% of the intake capacity so it would be a was to upgrade the TB. Secondly, lots of physical modification to the intake/TB along with electronics. Just not worth the mod.

My suggest above would be the cheapest and most gain perhaps. Headers would help too. If still not cup of tea, what about stroking?

How would one go about upgrading the TB? I have the headers on and I love em but they kick in at about 2500 to 3000 rpm. The TTC performance 5.5L stroker kit is what I would really like to do but its way out of my price range.

thanks

SEAN

I may be wrong but I think you want to boost your Tundra to be in the low 6 or high 5 seconds for the 0-60 mph. And the thing is you only want to spend an extra $500? Did you mean $5,000? Even with $5,000, you can barely go that fast, given that you do all the labor by yourself. Turbocharge or supercharge is the cheapest way to gain hp for your Tundra to be in your desired goal, and it might be around $5,000. Your heavy Tundra might need an additional 100 hp to move in a faster 1 second.

For $500, you can really build a true Cold Air Intake system, which places the aif filter inside the front bumper. This will give roughly about 10 ponies because it only sucks in the cold air. No other air intake system style that stays inside the engine bay can give you even 5 ponies. And the real gain is only at high RPM. I've designed several air intake systems just for fun on different cars and researched a lot about this.

You may have a complete custom exhaust system from the headers down to the muffler tip. This will give you a few more hp.

Modifying the fans, TB, plugs...etc won't make much difference. However, you may spend on the dremel tool, new gaskets, and port the intake manifold. This will give a big difference.

So if i have
headers and a y pipe
cat back exhaust
rueflow intake
and an underdrive pulley

what sort of grind should i get on a set of camshafts?

i would really appreciate it if you could also let m know who does the most afforadble work on the 2UZ cams and how long it takes because i dont have another vehicle that i can use while my truck is out of service.

thanks

SEAN

The above are great but I think think TC with Stage I Cams will help alot. Please pm me if you are seriously interested in the cams and tc.