1uz swap won't fire, inject, or anything really

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

matt4pl

I have an early 1uz from an ls400 in my s14. It's not doing anything other than looking purty, because I have no spark, no fuel injection, no fuel pump, or really any other signs of life.

I have a single power feed going to theswitched ignition pin, the battery pin, and the two B+ pins, and have 12V there. I have good grounds from the two black and white wires labeled ground and the 12v devices on the engine.
I do not have any of the toyota circuit closing or main efi or fuel pump relays. Also don't have the cold start stuff wired in at all. I have 12v to the air flow meter, ignitors, injectors, iac valve, etc. All the essentials check out fine, wiring harness is good, but has the emissions stuff removed. I'm getting AC voltage from the cam and crank sensors.

My question is am I missing something thats causing this or do i need some extra stuff wired in? Is there a starter signal? My best guess at this point is that the ecu is damaged, but I am new to toyotas and don't know much of their quirks

Brown wires are usually grounds in Toyota efi harnesses, black/white is usually start signal for kickin the starter solenoid. Also make sure you have 12v when the ignition is in the cranking position and not just the run position.

Steve

Does it crank over on the starter?

I also understand if you don't have spark the injectors don't fire.

If it doesn't start after you sort the colours I would start diagnosing lack of spark first.

I know the brown wires from the engine harness get grounded out, well at least most of em, the tps, cts, and afm get grounded out to the ecu. there are two black and white wires from the ecu that go to ground, according to the wiring diagrams. my big thing is that the ecu doesn't turn the fuel pump on even, and so it seems to me it's not doing anything. i tried a different ecu, and still nothing. is there a starter signal that the ecu needs? I've browsed the wiring diagrams for the engine and it doesn't seem like i'm missing anything, but i could very well be wrong. i'm really drawing a blank here so that's why i'm asking

Attachments

• Ports1.jpg
    Ports1.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 4