anyone know anything about the 3MZ???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rivmasta

Hey all,

Bit of a reminder first - offroad in Aus was looking to change engine sizes, most likely to 4.0ltr due to the availability of cheap engines so we jumped the gun, took a gamble and picked up the 1UZ - then they set the rule to 3.5Ltr...

After considering destroking to 3.5 weve decided not to go that way - revs are nice, but more mix in a bigger chamber equals more tq, so we're gonna run the 1UZ for state based racing, and a 3MZ for national events where the biiiig $$$ guys are and we couldnt compete in that class with the 1UZ.

Question time...
1. do the 3MZ and 1UZ share the same bolt pattern for the bellhousing?
2. Ive googled and there's not much info on 3MZ - anyone know much about the M series engines?
3. Anyone know where I could pick one up in Aus without having to import it specially?

There'll be more to come!

Hey all,

Ignore the request above, found most of the info I need off toymods.

Thanks anyway tho!

what about the vq35? such a bad 3.5 v-6 of course there is toyota gr series say an is350 motor, but those are brand new.

Same question was just asked on toymods - what about VQ35 - I'd rather stick with toyota - its what I trust.

Though Ive just found out the MZs and UZs have different bolt patterns... bugga. Means different adaptors for each engine.. :(

all i'm saying is the MZ a truck engine and iron block? the vq35 is all aluminum and was originally designed for performance, and apparently has a very nice torque band for a v-6 with the variable valve timing.

3mz is all alloy... I think! (I'll double check that!) cant imagine a camry with a cast iron block though!

I actually just found a vq36 at a wreckers for $5500 - for that price i'd go with 3 of the 3.2v6 vtec hondas instead!

yeah your right it is alloy, it apparently make 225hp 240ft.lbs torque stock, not bad. must be pretty close to the 3.2v6 hondas yeah?

decision made with assistance from jim beam.

racecar will have 2 motors/adaptors - 1UZ for state racing (going for outright wins) and 3MZ for national (going for lower division class wins)

Also, Ichibahn have 1uz's going for $800 at the moment - cant argue with that! blow an engine, just replace it! you could buy 3 + 1UZ's for the price of the 3MZ!

for a second there i was trying to figure out who jim beam was? glad to see he makes the trip to Austrailia, i know he helps me make good decisions, haha.

what about the 1MZFE out of the Avalon and the like...?

I could be wrong, but I thought the 1mz versions of the avalon were the same as the camry engine - 3ltr, no vvt. Going price is about 1.5k for these. Avalons in the past couple of years have been 3mz and about double the price for the extra 330cc and vvt.