any conceivable problems 1uz to lux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kismylux

I am currently undertaking a 1 uz in to 1991 hilux 4wd IFS replacing the 22r and g52 5 speed. I have a front sump motor from a uzz31 with the a341 auto, 40 pin x3 ECU and a fully intact wiring harness (not a half-cut). I have got an A343 auto, adapter housing and Chain-drive transfer and electronic speedo/dash from an import Surf. I am having the output shaft of the A341 shortened and the 4 prong speed sensor(?) modified to suit so as it fits back onto the output shaft with out needing the splines on the output shaft to hold it in place( as yet dont know how). I have had the hole in the adapter housing where the speed sensor for the Surf auto was, enlarged to accomodate the 1uz speed sensor(appears to line up perfectly). I have replaced the entire dash console (except for diesel tacho, substituted for mine) into my ute and will use the electronic speedo pick-up located on the transfer-case and hook it into the newer electronic speedo. The fuel pump is a Bosch inline unit(, in future to be fed by a surge tank inturn fed by a supra intank pump). All relays concerned with ignition, fuel etc yet to be sorted out.
All information was found using this website and has been extremely useful in determining what was to work(?) best for me. Any opinions and hints are greatly appreciated.

Hi Ryan
I think you will find a front sump 1uz with 3x40 pin ecu is off a Majesta[not that it makes much difference], ecu part number 89661-30500 . uzz31 ecu part number could be 89661-24220.
I would have thought the output shaft from the a343 would fit in the a341e housing which would allow you to key the modified 4 prong sensor on to the shaft. I would reccomend using the lower first and reverse gear ratios out of the a343 in the a341 if possible. Good luck with the wiring
Monty

Spot on Madmont, ECU is ###-24220, uzz31 is what was written on the intake(?). The output shaft from the 343 does fit into the 341 box but it appears the shaft on the 341 where the 4-prong sensor is located is a fraction smaller diameter (same outer diameter as the splines) than the 343 (greater outside diameter where the sensor mounts than the splined area) and hence doesnt slide on. (or vice-versa, it slops around.) I might go with you on the gearing. The wiring is an issue, i guess a half-cut would have been better to know where everything goes, oh well, stuff happens.

im goin to be in perth from 23rd jan for about 2 weeks

if u want the wiring done let me know so i can plan

buts it might cost around 700 to 1000 depending if its manual or auto
1 ecu or 2 ecus and whether u need speedo recalibrators
plus travel money

Thanks sideshow, but dont believe I will be up to that stage by then, sorting drivetrain and fuel system out at the moment. Pity tho could have needed the help(!). Still my gutless daily driver (wiring it up, off the vehicle, when i get the time)