Standalone ECU Adaptronic V1.0Q Firmware

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
How do u guys run this firmware? I used Flashit to open but failure notice of:
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed erase at 4000
Failed too many times

Is this what you get or do I need to connect the USB----->Serial Port to the E420c?

make sure you are running the latest version of wari. (the latest version has flashit integrated into it and use that to flash the ecu) once the program has started then you need to cycle power to the ecu) a message should come up with ecu connected. then load firmware.

I would provide you a link to the adaptronic forums where someone had a similar issue, but its down at the moment.

Hey David, is this version of the firmware the latest one? Or do we have to manually update it? If it's fully flashed, my car may just fire up.

Sofrware flashing is harder that the instructions state... I spent 2 weeks w/ my builder and both of us had no idea how to make the flash happen even after reading the instructions over and over like a mentally challenged 12-year old!

I got the same message David, is your laptop detecting the 420c? If not, you need to DL drivers for the serial-USB cable and find out which "COM port" the cable is connected to and mark the COM port tab inside the software.

Last edited:
Software is what you use to tune you car Windows Adaptronic Remote Interrogator(WARI). Use version V1.0Q

Firmware is what you load up into the adaptronic to get the latest features. This re configures the guts of the adaptronic. Use version V1.0Q

All I can suggest is to download the latest WARI tuning software version WARI 1.14
Download and save the latest firmware to your laptop V1.0Q
http://www.adaptronic.com.au/downloads.php

Connect up your laptop to the adaptronic
Click on the tab at the top of the tuning software WARI that says firmware
This is when you power down and power up the adaptronic, it will then say ecu connected.
Locate where you saved V1.0Q on your laptop and press load.

I must admit it does sound a bit confusing upload download etc etc but when you work it out it is pretty easy. Not many ecu suppliers offer software upgrades and additional features for free.

USB serial port adapters seem to play up a bit some work and some don't.

Try an old laptop with a serial port or you can use a desktop PC with a serial port and just power up the adaptronic with a 9v battery.

I have an old and I mean old IBM thinkpad that was one of the first colour laptops and it works faultless, plenty good enough to talk to the adaptronic.

Bags are packed and looking out the window for the Lextreme private jet.

haha, I already told david I would chip in some cashto fly Niel out here, but we found out more than a "chip in" would be required to make it happen!

I just got in david's area last night so I have 3 weeks to give this another try. Maybe today i'll drive up and pay my dust covered lexus. I haven't even seen it in 3 months.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I used an old laptop with a serial port and had no issues talking to my adaptonic unit. did you get the issue solved?

UPDATE:

After talking with Rob @ Adaptronic I managed to get the Autometer lineup of wideband's added to Adaptronic's list of acceptable solutions. Currently they only accept Techedge, M&W UEGO and Innovative. He said the updated software should be up tomorrow.

Will probably be up as a Beta version I would think, it should also have my request of a help menu on there as well.

Very adaptable crew there at Adaptronic.

You will be well on your way to doing some street tuning.

Cobber:

I just had my firmware flashed, (thanks david). And it's supposed to fix the tach signal issue. My gut tells me the 8 triggers are not being seen as "separated" and the 420c is not distinguishing the firing order. After 2-3 tries I get a massivly flooded engine.

Sniper:

No prob. I realized I threw $300 down the drain until I found out how quick the adaptronic crew can make changes. These guys do work fast. Those 3 listed are not too common in the states, but Autometer is carried at every part store. It's also nice that at 10:00pm I can get instant e-mail replies since AU time is around 10:00am? hehe

I am 99% sure the 3 or 4 different wideband Autometer lines are essentially the same gauge with diff cosmetics.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: