Standalone ECU Going Adaptronic thread!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
No intercooler = faster and more boost. I won't go back to an intercooler, the water/meth cools better.

35-40 wires. Use the diagram attatched to this post. DO NOT USE THE DIAGRAM IN PREVIOUS POSTS. Just verify that your connector / pin arrangement is the same as mine as you go. The IAC wiring might not be right but its just a matter of swapping around the outputs in the Adaptronics software.

I'd be happy to give you my ECU file. It is not completely tuned and I'm using 440cc injectors but any fueling differences are easy enough to fix. Set it in rapid learn and go for a drive.

My timing map is a combination of Cobber's map and Tai Johnsens's map on Soarer Central. Tai is a guy who did have an SC400 (Soarer actually) with a Vortech supercharger and was dyno tuned.

I'd be willing to bet, assuming that your IAC wiring is the same as mine, that your car would start and run fine with my file. My car started and ran fine the first time with Cobber's file except the IAC outputs were wrong and I decided to use VE tuning and his map was in injector miliseconds.

You might need to use different calibrations for your map (I'm using a GM 3 bar) and you'll need to figure out how to wire in your wideband sensor. You might want to find some or make some sheilded wires for the crank and cam sensors. There are a couple of things in my diagram you might not need to do. The AC wiring in my diagram is not correct FYI. I also re-wired my injectors as seen on page to of the diagram file.

Be happy to help as much as I can.

KC

Thanks KC, looking forward to cranking up the boost w/o worries.

I will keep you updated when I start cutting wires, I always feel better knowing someone has done this before hehe. I just ordered a snow performance meth kit so its adios to the intercooler from now on.

Looking forward to seeing you crack that 11second mark!

Hey man,

I forgot to attatch the wiring diagram file, lol.

For some reason it won't let me upload it so PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

Again, you don't want to use the one on the first post.

KC

Thanks KC, looking forward to cranking up the boost w/o worries.

I will keep you updated when I start cutting wires, I always feel better knowing someone has done this before hehe. I just ordered a snow performance meth kit so its adios to the intercooler from now on.

Looking forward to seeing you crack that 11second mark!

Hey guys, some updates.

Got my LC1 back after sending it back to Innovative. Installed it a few weeks ago and seems to work good. The Adaptronic seems to respond much faster using the serial input versus the analog input. Reads a little off from my AEM unit but I think there is a good chance that the heater on the AEM's sensor is bad. Seems to read the most off at idle and low load / rpm when there is less heat from the engine. The two sensors are in different banks so it is possible I have a problem with one side but I'm not really worried about it.

The car is still running great. I am so far very happy with the Adaptronic. Easy to setup and tune and the driveability is way better than it was before with the stock ECU and the MAFTPro setup.

I will hopefully be running the car tomorrow at my local 1/8 mile track, its supposed to be a beautiful day.

KC

Well done Khris, I presume you are now using the LC1 for the tuning and the AEM for reference? Don't forget to data log the 1/8 mile run it will be interesting to see how it runs now.

Ha ha, that did not go well...

Cobber, I am using the LC1 the AEM is more a back up than anything else at this point.

So that really didn't go good at all. My first run started out great, had a 1.7 60ft time. This is my 2nd or 3rd best 60ft time ever and I was staged at about 2300rpm. But, for some reason (I'm still scratching my head on this) the transmission wouldn't shift into second. I think the Suprastick must of hung up cause once I went back into it with my computer it was fine. I've never had this happen before. I really thought I busted the transmission again.

So anyway, I ended up trapping at 40mph and taking over 11 seconds to get there. 1/8 mile keep in mind.

I can say a few things good happened by looking at the log. I hit 194kpa at 7200rpm and didn't blow anything up. I went from 0 to 45 mph in 2.528 seconds. I had it set to shift at 38mph which didn't happen as already said so I'm guessing it SHOULD have shifted at about 6800rpm or so.

My second run was a full run but garbage. At this point my confidence is already a bit shaken from the first run. Also, the car in the other lane was a 1000hp++ full drag truck with open headers probably on juice. I hate running against a car like that becuase they are so damn loud you can't hear a thing that is going on with your own car. I tried to leave late to let him get way ahead and then leave but it didn't work out. My lauch sucked and I spun the tires the whole 60ft. And, just before staging my computer crashed so it wasn't even logged.

I then decided to grab some methanol and try again another day.

Sucks, I had high hopes for today. I really think the first run would have set a new personal record if it would have shifted. Definately has more in it. A 1.7 60 footer is pretty darn good considering leaving at only 2300rpm and 75kpa. I did not get a chance at all to try out the lauch control either.

Try again another day I guess...

KC

Kc, what do you estimate your 0-60mph best COULD be? Maybe high 3 second range? I know its not really a drag strip type of measurement but I still like to use it to gauge against the average street encounters. Sounds like your almost done chasing the electrical grimelins.

Kc, what do you estimate your 0-60mph best COULD be? Maybe high 3 second range? I know its not really a drag strip type of measurement but I still like to use it to gauge against the average street encounters. Sounds like your almost done chasing the electrical grimelins.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

If you put in my past best 1/8 numbers (7.703 @ 88 something) it comes out to 3.58 seconds.

KC

Ya its definately fast out of the hole. Despite having a Vortech which people insist only make top end power.

I know of 1 or 2 SC400's/4.0 Soarers that are faster than mine in the 1/4 mile but I'm pretty sure that I hold the top 60ft times.:p

Also, my best 1/8 time is actually a 7.702 @ 89.49 and was run on a 1/4 mile track. Put that into that 0-60 calculator and it comes out to 3.46 seconds.:D

KC