Anyone in ca. Tune adaptronic????????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Make sure he'll have the USB converter if your ECU has the serial port. :D If his laptop or yours connects to some electronic devices, he might have a hard time finding out which one is the correct port. And then configuring the specific port to match the ECU may be another problem. LOL.

Anyone in ca Tune adaptronic

Im actualy just starting to tune my car, so im still a rookie. It sounds like your talking about tuning in PE or power enrichment mode. From my understanding it is what guys do when they do not want to run without a map sensor or when they have an engine swap. Correct me if Im wrong. I was also thinking about tuning this, but I have not made it that far yet. Still learning.

Attachments

• CRANK.jpg
    CRANK.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 3
MSD 3-bar MAP is already wired up w/ GM IAT sensor. When it's all said and done the e420c will always run in "adaptive mode". This will keep the ECU completely variable.... pulling timing and fuel as I climb hills and vary my driving habits all on a millisecond basis. I really want to see it all happen real time but little B/S problems are holding it back. All the connections have been soldered, just chasing grimlins. If I can figure out why a simple firmware reflash is keeping my walbro from clicking on I can try to start her again...

Last edited:
Sean, if you have new injectors, and they're high impedance, make sure you pop each one open & shut a few times with 12v, and ensure you get a good solid "click" sound.

New, or freshly cleaned injectors are known for sticking, and it would be a real shame if you hydrolocked that motor and bent or broke a few rods.....

Cribbj

I was flooding the engine when then I tried to start it w/ the old firmware. I know the injectors are all pulsing on/off. The walbro is pretty loud and is the 1st thing you hear, it's silent right now.

Go to the windows tab and click the ecu data page and tick the override and the enable box and then tick the AUX output that your fuel pump is connected to. This will manually override the fuel pump to check that the wiring is correct.

You can also press the injector test and you will get a graph of current V's m's you will also hear the fuel pump cycle and the injectors cycle.

Cobber,

I have some issue with my engine installation. I am taking out the 315 and putting 800cc since the motor MIGHT need to come out. Can u send me a rought start up program?

So I guess this fool just has a terrible work ethic. Wrote down the troubleshooting e-mail address for Adaptronic and got replies yesterday from rob saying "where are these e-mails.. he hasn't sent me any yet". The liar told me he would get on the e-mails as soon as I sorted the laptop. this was Friday... what a joke. I bet you I'll get an excuse about how he had internet trouble or some B/S.

Lesson learned? Use a tuner with some damn credintials!!!

Sean,

That's why I learn how to do things myself. I have been burnt several times by "experts".

Dave, and all,

Firstly the Firmware and software have both recently been upgraded to V2.000. Download both the firmware and the software (WARI) and re flash the Adaptronic with the new firmware.

Changing injectors won't be a problem now with the VE tuning feature in the Adaptronic.

1. Go to the Analogue cals / tuning modes tab
  2. At the bottom left click on Map 1 used Map 2 unused
  3. Tick box % volumetric fuel efficiency map 1
  4. Tick box % Volumetric fuel efficiency cranking table
  5. Set RPM step size to 250 rpm
  6. Set maximum MAP to 180 kpa (not sure what boost level your running but if it less than 180 kpa I can send you a base ignition map to get you going)
  7. Enter the engine capacity and injector size (Injector size will depend on what fuel pressure you are running)
  8. Go to the corrections tab and click on cranking fuel
  9. Change all the values to 80%
  10. At the tabs at the very top click on maps
  11. Click on convert fuel map 1 to VE
  12. Change all the values in the table to 80%
  13. Do all of your other pre flight checks and sanity checks and turn the key.
  14. If the cranking fuel is rich or lean change the values in the cranking table accordingly.
  15. If the idle is rough just change the values in the fuel map up or down until you have a smooth idle.
  16. The rest (rapid learn and slow converge) will be as per the street tuner guide I sent you.
The above is exactly what I would do if I were to write you a base tune, so you should be able to do it yourself in less than 15 minutes now.

I went through this VE tuning process on the weekend from a bare base tune and my car started and ran fine, I done a local lap on rapid learn driving very smoothly and the fuel map started to take shape.

I did have one quirky problem though, when I re flashed the new firmware the fans come on at pre start up the same time as the fuel pump for 3 seconds but work normal after that. Rob form Adaptronic is having a look at the new firmware to see why.

I'll help out where I can but take absolutely no responsibility for the results.

I'm no expert or pretend to be I'm just happy to pass on what I have learned.