97-98 Camry/Supra engine swap ?'s

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Vander

I want to put a 2JZ-GTE (3.0L Twin Turbo) in a 97 or 98 Toyota Camry. I was wondering what I would have to do to make this possible
' What parts i would need? What problems I may have? Thanks ahead of time!

First problem: the camry is front wheel drive.

Second problem: the engine bay is not long enough (fire wall to radiator core support) for a 2JZ or any straight 6 for that matter.

Now can it be done?, YES, just about anything can be done if you have the money and know how to do it.

if your gunna go old on a camery you might as well go with a cressida sence its designed for this exact setup and will need minimal work to get a 2jz into it.

also this is one of those if you have to ask you cant do it kinda things.

Well then maybe I wont do a Camry. I need to do a car from the 1990's. I was thinking maybe a 4runner. What cars can I put a 2JZ in?

If you already have a 2JZ-GTE and are just itching to do a swap, some have done it with the 280Z. Check out www.hybridz.com - they're a pretty friendly and helpful bunch over there.

Then there's always the earlier model MKIII Supra, and even the MKII that would be good candidates for the swap.

Don't try to put the 2JZ into a car that only came with a four banger, or a V6 as the engine bay will probably be too short. And as already mentioned, don't try it with a FWD car that has a transverse engine in it......

Well then maybe I wont do a Camry. I need to do a car from the 1990's. I was thinking maybe a 4runner. What cars can I put a 2JZ in?

a mx73 cressida would be about the best platform for a 2jz swap,(or any cressida) 4 runner would be good too, quite a few people putting 7m 1jz and 2jzs into pickups.

gs/sc/ls300's they all come with 2jz-ge so a gte wouldnt be a big deal.

older supras

for a real classic keep an eye out for an old 60's crown.

basicly any car that was not fwd stock would make atleast an ok car to put a 2jz into

OK so the 4Runner works best for me for what I want. It will be a 98 Toyota 4Runner. Does anyone know what modifications will need to be done? Also what problems I may run in to? Thank you!