2007 Tundra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone own got one of these babies yet? With 5.7 Liter it would be an awesome swap...LOL>>. What Do you think I am dreaming? Perhaps in the next 5-7 years when the price come down. It would be very cool to fit that into one of the older LS400 or it would be called LS570SC.

We don't get that model here in Aus, "Sucks!"

infact I can't think of one 4WD V8 ute that IS sold in Aus

I've herd that toyota is releasing a turbo V8 diesel?, but don't hold me to that.

I was looking at the motor specs that were available at Toyota.com, and the stroke was said to be some 4", with the bore being the same as the 4.7 at 3.31 or something. That's a huge stroke, same as a 454 if I'm not mistaken.
I'm wondering what the heads are like, if they are using larger ports/valves with this engine?

The 454 and 502 both have a 4" stroke, the Tundra 5.7 will have a 4.02" stroke! Pretty huge indeed. The 3UR (5.7L) has an aluminum block & heads. As far as I know nobody has one yet, they haven't hit the dealerships yet but they should within the next couple weeks. My boss is actually gone today to a "meeting" where they learn about it and get to test drive it. He said it's pretty cool so far, they're driving it and comparing it to F-150, Z-71, Titan, and a Ram. I'm not sure of the ports/valve sizes on the heads, but I'd be willing to bet they're quite a bit larger.

I'd be interested to know if it is well built as the xUZ-FE range and the Supra engines, etc.....

Does it have 6 bolt mains, damn hard cranks and capable rods and pistons as stock? I'm going to think they won't bother these days which is a shame :(

Don't quote me on this, I'm just looking at a diagram and it's not extremely detailed but it looks like 2 bolt mains... the 2UZ has 2 bolt mains too though doesn't it???

i saw it last friday at the autoshow. That thing is HUGE

and if you wanna smile, when you see one, look at the size of the tie-rods... it's just awesome...

I wonder why they still use the 2UZ-FE as the base engine and not the revised version from the UR block as it was supposed to be.

Couldn't look at the new 5.7 liters, only 4.7 liters models were public accessible.

We don't get that model here in Aus, "Sucks!"

infact I can't think of one 4WD V8 ute that IS sold in Aus

I've herd that toyota is releasing a turbo V8 diesel?, but don't hold me to that.

I heard that there will be a turbo diesel tundra too recently. That would be cool! Talk about pulling!

I don't know of any definite plans for the turbo diesel, but I did read that Toyota recently invested in Isuzu and plans to use some of their diesel technology in the future.

Aluminum block
6-bolt mains
Forged rods and crank
Dual VVTi
Oil jets to cool/lubricate pistons (like the VVTi 2UZ's)

I drove a base 2006 Tundra w/4.0 6 cylinder yesterday, was an animal; tons of torque all over.
I don't know what the bore/stroke is on those engines, but if it were an 8 cylinder with the same, it would be a 5.33L.