2007 Tundra 'Parts' - 4.0 / 4.7 / 5.7 -

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

milnersXcoupe

Engine Comparison

Engine Peak HP @ rpm Peak Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm
Toyota 5.7L V-8 381 @ 5,600 401 @ 3,600
Ford 5.4L V-8 300 @ 5,000 365 @ 3,750
GM 5.3L V-8 315 @ 5,200 338 @ 4,400
GM 6.0L V-8 367 @ 5,500 375 @ 4,300
Dodge 5.7L Hemi V-8 345 @ 5,400 375 @ 4,200

5.7 may be the same block as the 4.7 in Aluminium ?

"The open-deck cast-aluminum block, which is California ULEV-rated for ultra-low emissions, is the first Toyota engine to be completely built from scratch in the U.S., with blocks cast at Toyota's new Bodine Aluminum shop in Missouri and complete assemblies buttoned up at Toyota's Huntsville, Alabama, plant. " - four wheeler mag.

Both have bore size of 3.70. :

4.7 is 3.31" - stroke, Cast Iron Block

5.7 is 4.02" - stroke, All Aluminium Engine.

TOYOTA -quote-

"Power for Big Jobs"

The 2007 Tundra offers three levels of power.

4.0-liter V6 produces 236 horsepower at 5,200 rpm and a healthy 266 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,000 rpm, city/highway fuel economy ratings of 17/20 mpg.

Tundra's 4.7-liter i-Force V8 producing 271 horsepower at 5,400 rpm and 313 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 3,400 rpm, city/highway fuel economy ratings of 15/18 mpg.

Both the V6 and the i-Force 4.7 V8 feature DOHC 4-valve cylinder heads and Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) for responsive power across the engine's operating range.

i-Force 5.7 – A Force to be Reckoned With:boggled:

i-Force 5.7 uses a long-stroke configuration (stroke dimension of 4.02 in. is more than the bore width of 3.70 in.).

As a result, in addition to its impressive 381 horsepower at 5,600 rpm, the i-Force 5.7 unleashes 401 lb.-ft of peak torque at 3,600 rpm.:hypnotized:

5.7-liter engine will have city/highway fuel economy ratings of 16/20 mpg and 14/18 mpg, respectively.

The i-Force 5.7 V8 uses aluminum for the cylinder block and DOHC heads.

This engine's more advanced Dual VVT-i controls valve timing and overlap on both the intake and exhaust valves, which also helps optimize power, fuel efficiency and emissions.

On all Tundra engines, the Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS) uses butterfly valves inside intake manifold to switch the length of the intake tract in two stages, based on rpm and throttle angle, to improve torque across the engine speed range.

Tubular stainless steel headers flow into a full stainless steel exhaust system with laser-welded, high-capacity mufflers for optimal efficiency and a commanding, powerful sound.

The i-Force 5.7 and 4.7 share a crank-hold electronic starter control that uses a "twist and release" ignition switch.

The ECM controls the starter relay to prevent failed starts and "grinding" on a re-start attempt.

Transmissions - Rear Diffs 'Parts' :

The i-Force 5.7 is teamed exclusively with a new six-speed automatic transmission, which is only slightly larger than the five-speed automatic. Shift logic adapts the transmission's shift maps to driver input.

Both Tundra transmissions use new Toyota "WS" (world-standard) fluid with a flat viscosity/temperature curve (cold viscosity is close to warm viscosity). This fluid reduces friction and wear, enables faster vehicle warm-up, and never needs to be replaced.

Updated flex lock-up torque converter control enhances transmission response and efficiency.

Next year, select 2009 Tundra models equipped with the 5.7-liter V8 will offer flexible fuel capability with E85 ethanol.

The V6 and i-Force 4.7 V8 Tundra models' rear differential uses a 9.5-inch ring gear, and the i-Force 5.7 models step up to a 10.5-inch ring gear – one of the largest in the segment.

All Tundra differentials are made using new machining technology: "face hob" gear cutting for ring and pinion gears yields stronger tooth form and a greater engagement area for increased torque capacity and reduced gear noise.

Towing Package 'Parts' :

A water-to-oil engine oil cooler speeds engine warm-up and reduces friction at startup.

The automatic transmission fluid warmer – first in the segment – warms the fluid quickly under cold ambient conditions, and the instrument panel gains an automatic transmission fluid (ATF) temperature gauge.

A power steering fluid cooler is added below the radiator.

Have you measured?

What's the maximum stroke you see as possible before the crank throw interfers with the side of the block, or the piston possibly comes down low enough to interfere with the throw?

What was the max you saw possible, and what was the interferring factors, was it throw circumference/height to piston location at bottom dead center, or was it block clearance on a certain cylinder or ...

Thanks!