1uz Hilux Problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

camshaft

Hey guys my lux has just started playing up in the last few weeks since this hot weather has been hanging around. After driving around for awhile my taco starts pulsing all over the place then my temp gauge gets hot. Sometimes really hot. Some days it could take hrs before it starts playing up. Could this be an electical problem causing this from the heat in my engine bay?

Under the bonnet might be a good start checking the obvious. Check for bad earth, something rubbed thru and touching earth, get your multimeter out and check wiring etc. It will be something small and stupid that takes ages to find tho and then you'll wonder why you didn't check that first. As for what "That" is? Anyones guess

Coz when it's hot if there is a fault there that is when it shows itself. I have the same trouble with a really anoying misfire (which may be a coil breaking down, will get around to doing something about it one day). Best you start learning about auto leccys too, once you get over the initial fear it is fairly easy but does eat time. I mean I'm a mechanic and had to learn real fast when I put the UZ into my Surf as wiring it up was in the "Too hard basket" for most "Auto sparkys" over this way. I now make all of my own looms and wire them up "as per factory". This said I'm no expert but just do it in a way that works for me and makes future diagnosis easy

Thanks for you help mate but i might leave it to you pros! Every time i touch something electrical i f#*k it. I go as far as changing oils and filters. I just love driving the things. Ill take it to a auto leccy and get it checked out out. Its so hard here in rocky to find anyone that knows anything about these engines. Especiallly a hilux thats been converted. I got it converted down in brisbane at the start of the year. Im also having trouble with the aircon not idleing up when its turned. Dont think it was wired in when it was converted so i might try and get that sorted at the same time. Thanks for your help samsdad.

try swappping the ignitor plugs from one ignitor to the other
tach signal comes from ignitor
ignotors can play up when they get hot
another thing to try is pour cold water over ignitors when it plays up and see if the problem goes away
if u bring yr hilux down to south brissy i can fix most your problems
im not cheap and im not expensive but i usually fix things much faster than joe sparky down the road heheheheeheheh so in the end i can turn out cheaper but its so hard explaining this to customers heheheheeh

I was gunna suggest filling your wallet up and giving sideshow a call too as sending it over to WA might hurt the bank A/C a bit

im right near movieworld and dreamworld and wet n wild
now u know why i dont want to goto work during summer heheheheh

I love going on the thrill rides
that's what it is hehehehehehe
we r renting for a year till we find
nice place to live somewhere between
top end of gold coast and south
end of brissy
still don't know whether to buy big house
or cheap house and renovate
I guess will have to see how my work goes
up here and what wife ends up finding for work

i have noticed it rains alot more up here than sydney
but not for long periods then sun comes out again
only thing missing in my area are the gemini drivers
back in sydney as soon as rain started the gemini drivers came out
to pull some skidz

does temp gauge slowly rise or does it rise in small bit fast
if it rises very fast might be bad earth for temp gauge

if its under load u might actually have the temp rising anyway if cooling is not right
and under load it actually does get hot
does yr thermo fan cycle on and off telling u the thermo sensor is doing its job
or does it just run all the time

The fan seems to work the way it should. Just wondering because the taco jumping all over the place and the temp rising slowly seem to happen around the same time. Ill replace the igniters when everyone reopens after the holidays and see how that goes. Could you recomend any wreckers in the qld area to get parts for the 1uz?