1GZ Porsche swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Dinsdale of Piranha Brothers. Ive built custom LS Porsche and now V12 conversion stuff for him. I will be getting one of the supercar platforms myself.

I have a spare, low mile 50km verified, 1gz for sale. It was imported from Japan as a complete pull-out with a340 trans and all 3 ECU's and wiring harness. I can build or modify the R-154 5 speed adapter plate for that swap as well. PM for details.

I just got an email from Bulletcars (in Australia) I had asked about a pair of electronic throttle bodies knowing they won't use them.

In their reply they said they have designed forged rods & pistons, if I wanted to get serious.

Were getting close to having the first build fired up. Looks like Megasquirt will also control alternator and AC. Just the clean install alone of new wiring and getting rid of the factory ecu's makes another win. Dinsdale made a custom air intake using the lost-foam technique and it will release some more ponies...

IMAG1270_zps8o7t6k9o.jpg
IMAG1193_zpse0ytqof3.jpg

Last edited:
Custom front intake allows factory plenum and throttle bodies to remain intact. Goal here is to pop hood and to look like it all came from the factory...

IMAG1280_zps23oyzbwd.jpg

Power steering adapter

We made a special orifice restrictor for the Toyota power steering pump that matches the flow of the Porsche pump and rack. Also made a banjo fitting on the Porsche high pressure line that fits the GZ ps pump as well.....

IMAG1245_zps9upvdrpg.jpg

30-42 transmission difference.

I sold the spare 1GZ and now have 2ea 30-42le automatics. From what reference I found on these, they have taller 4th gears. Can anyone confirm this and if they are stronger from factory?

IMAG1299_zpshc5i3o2e.jpg

IMAG1301_zpsrwtxk0ov.jpg

IMAG1302_zpsvexlomv7.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing it is one thing, hearing it is another. Dinsdale fired it up and it is indescribeable.....like it's defocating the V8 it replaced:D

IMAG1280_zps23oyzbwd.jpg

I'll get one up. Dins said he's got one on way.
Besides some more megasquirt tuning, we had to mod the starter Bendix to plunge the gear about .040" further to completely engage the flywheel we got from Brandon. It is a winner.
That said when we install a dual disc clutch, I'll machine the flywheel to fit it. Not sure if we'll go with Tilton or Qmaster.

Last edited:
We've got it on a single resonator and muffler..... Even I'm astonished at it's smoothness and super quick rev with the non-lightened flywheel. We'll get a video as we're breaking in clutch and doing some more tuning.....chop

http://youtu.be/LaC5jrdnaA0

Last edited: