1gz-fe engine specs?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

phongshader

I'm looking at getting one of these engines and I would like to know if anyone has specs more than borexstroke and so on. Specifically I'm looking for alternative sources for pistons. I would like to know how long the the con rods are. A Mitsubishi 6a13 vr4 engine has an identical bore and stroke with turbo pistons...interesting possibilities...If the Mitsu con rods are the same or very close to the 1GZ con rod length...twin turbo v12 on a budget, well relatively low anyhow.

Several guys are using these in their projects, but they're NA so far. I don't know if anyone has looked into redoing the shortblock yet. You might try PM'ing our members Mitch Pederson, GTE & Crambo to see what they've come up with.

Thanks,
Ok, what I'm looking for is the rod length center to center, large and small end bore diameters, crank rod and main journal diameter...
Thanks again,
Justin

O.K. I wouldn't use these measurements for machining but they should be close enough to give you an idea for interchangable parts.

CON ROD LITTLE END DIAMETER - 21.07MM

CON ROD BIG END DIAMETER WITHOUT BEARING - 51.20MM

CON ROD LENGTH CENTER TO CENTER - 133.875MM

CRANK BIG END BEARING DIAMETER - 48.0MM

CRANK MAIN BEARING DIAMETER - 66.8MM

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 48
Great info; thanks for sharing.

Can you tell if the rods are "straight" or do they have some offsets machined into their big ends to help with the left/right cylinder bank offsets?

It may be that Toyota was able to compensate for the cylinder offsets on the crank journals alone, but it would be very useful to know if the c/l of the pin end of the rod is offset from the c/l of the big end like the UZ rods, which have a little less than a millimeter offset.

There is definietly more meat on one side of the big-end than the other. Probvably 1-2mm. There is also 2 alignment pins on that side.

If anyone thinks they know of any interchangable parts I would be very interested. My engine is taking a little longer than planned to get back together as I have decided to keep it N/A but add a bit more power. As you can imagine with 48 of everything in the heads and 12 of everything else. The costs soon add up when everything has to be custom.

Attachments

• IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3894.jpg
    IMG_3894.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 51
As you can imagine with 48 of everything in the heads and 12 of everything else. The costs soon add up when everything has to be custom.

Tell me about it. Building my V12 BMW has been like building 2 high end 2JZ's, except parts are readily available for the 2JZ, and have to be made for the BMW. I think you're going to find the same to be true in spades with that limited production 1GZ.

Thanks for the info.
Like I said in my earlier post the Mitsu 6a13 v6 has identical bore and stroke with both a turbo and na motor so there is potential for less expensive pistons. Thanks to Andy R for the info on the con rod length, now I just have to find out what the 6a13 rod length is. What I do know is the crank journal is 56mm, rod journal is 51mm, rod small end is 19mm, bore=81mm, stroke=80.8. Unfortunately I don't think the 6a13 engine was exported to the US so finding parts here will be tough but not as tough as the 1gz.
Thanks again,
Justin

There were 2 on eBay (USA) only a month or two ago, and located not far from you. No bids, although the price wasn't that bad, IMO (Buy it now for around $4K, IIRC)

Try contacting Mitch Pederson, the people that brought his in might help.

phongshader,

Yes, All parts are available from toyota, here in Australia anyway. Over here you have to either give them a vehicle VIN number or the actual part number. You also have to be a bit careful as these engines also came out running CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) those engine have different valve seats, pistons, rings etc. A good website for parts information is http://www.megazip.ru/ru/auto/toyota/view/465/4177/41436/403226#g403226

There is usually a couple of these engine available on the Yahoo Auctions Japan website but you will need a contact in Japan to be able to purchase them.

Hi Andy, If you get a chance could you please measure the width of the 1GZ rods at the big end for me. Thats the last piece of info I need to check out a possible conversion from 1GZ rods and pistons to the cheep and plentiful Honda B16A rods and pistons.

Has anyone measured valves and ports? It would be great to know valve diameters, valve inclination, and port areas.