Group buy on headers for 1UZ powered 4runners, Hilux's, Surfs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

twisty_toy94

I've been keen on getting some decent headers custom made for my 4runner for a while now, but have been holding back becuase of how much they are probably going to cost.

So I was thinking lately that there is probably enough 4runners, Hilux's and Surfs running aroung with 1UZ's and std. exhaust manifolds these days that maybe we could organise a group buy to try get the costs down a bit for all of us.

I haven't talked to any exhaust shops or anything about it yet, but I'd be happy to let my 4runner be used to get them made if someone in the SE Qld area could do it.......but thought I'd just start a thread anyway to see what interest there is in maybe organising a group buy??

The difference between the conversions would be the only problem....but surely there can't be that much difference......if they finished up high like the castle hill ones, then the steering shaft should be the only problem???

there are lots of things that will affect the final position of the engine for clearance on headers

some differances would be
2wd or 4wd
indipendant front or live axle
suspension lift or no lift
body lift or no lift

with these differances in mind, some conversions could have the engine sitting in alot differant heights