Making the car faster with out hp gains?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Just get a Tesla...:wave: 2000 lbs, no gas usage, and smoking performance!!!

The SC is not a light weight car...no matter what you do, unless you make it a drag car...Not worth it..

Ryan

Carbon fiber hoods drop 40lbs or so in front end car weight on the SC400's and SC300's... A decent weight reduction but probably not worth the money and time spent to get it done..... Needless to say color matching it and proper fitment is always a challenge...

What's a telsa Ryan? Oh and Yes, these SC400's weigh more then my last lay and she basically a wilder beast with a nice looking face... I don't know what I was thinking as I must of been drunk with beer goggles at the time....:trink26: What can you do it happens?

So you don't want to spend money on a hood. Or get seats that will save a lot of weight. But you'll take out the most structural part of the door that also helps a lot with crash safety?

Or am I just reading all of this wrong?

So you don't want to spend money on a hood. Or get seats that will save a lot of weight. But you'll take out the most structural part of the door that also helps a lot with crash safety?

Never try to follow Jibbby's logic, just sit back and enjoy the show :popcorn: :)

No, I don't want to spend $500 on a carbon fiber hood, then spend another $250 to paint it and have it not match the rest of the car anyway. All that for 40lbs less, nahhhh, not happening on my watch... If I hit the lotto I may consider it though...:smoker:

The door is still solid without the bar..It's not as bad as it sounds.. The bar is overrated and doesn't offer that much safety anyway... I also don't plan on crashing...:006:

The door is still solid without the bar..It's not as bad as it sounds.. The bar is overrated and doesn't offer that much safety anyway... I also don't plan on crashing...:006:

It also doent weigh but 1lb hardly worth the effort if your not willing to replace the seats and other magor weight baring items.

also the implications of this are greater then if you get hurt or not, if you do get t boned and get hurt, it would be easy for an insurance company to deny coverage if they dicover you took out safty items that could have prevented the injury.

Taking all the springs out of seats and insulation etc. 1/4 tank of fuel, removing stereo equipement and runing two wheel nuts on each wheel reduces weight also...Bumpers no need for them or spare as you don't plan on having a prang or flat tire ??? A small / light deep cycle battery..Cruse control etc isn't required

You could always visit the toilet before you went for a drive.

One of our better know (Canadian) race drivers used to fill a Coke can on the starting grid to ensure is car was as light as possible.

Every gramm counts.

If I did that I could keep the intrusion bar.

Jibby.

I know you can't put it back in but never do it agoan.

You guys are funny but worry way too much... I am not that mindless retard that would just remove anything if I thought it would really jeopordise my saftey.. I am honestly more worried about the structual integrity of the door itself over time.. I have the bars in my garage and can always re-install them with my welder at any time...Not a big deal..

The bar weighs more then a pound with all the attachment crap removed around it.... 5 pounds in total each is my guess maybe, and the bars look so weak that they could just bend and fold effortlessly during a wreck. Plus, I really believe they are mounted to low on the door to save your upper torso during a mad wreck.....They are hollow and worthless but may save your hip and arse on a side collision if your lucky, that's it.... Like I said the door is still solid, very solid.. I really don't believe that bar prevents jack.... It's there for looks only... Ha Ha Ha..

I may just remove both the 90lbs doors completely and put on some canvas jeep like doors on instead... Dis the engine hood altogether and install some plexi glass home made hood cover special.... Replace the iron subframe with an alloy chasis.. Carbon fiber the quarter panels, side rear panels, trunk,etc.. I may just remove all the car seats and bolt down a plastic crate to sit on, and lap belt.... Remove the A/C unit, power steering, and just about everything else under the hood except for the engine, battery and alternator.. However, please note, I cannot and will not remove my stereo, as I gotta have my tunes...I must draw the line somewhere..... Oh, in final I may also chop the top off my SC400 and make it an instant convertable classic...

That should drop 1000lbs or so... It may look ugly and be as dangerous as hell but should be twice as fast... Sound like a good plan?

You could always visit the toilet before you went for a drive.

That is a good one. Perhaps Jibbby should drive nake. That is like 5 lbs on clothing alone. Cutting your hair short will also help too. I have heard tinting your windows and shave few seconds off also.

Lex, tint removal is a brilliant idea and must be considered...Good thinking... The toilet visit is a hit or miss though...Constipation must always be considered..:booty:

You guys have made a complete mockery of this extremely informative thread, you have taken my baked logic and twisted it into a paranoid dilusional scenerio.. This thread has become a complete joke...And I like it...

I may just remove both the 90lbs doors completely and I may also chop the top off my SC400 and make it an instant convertable classic...

Here you go Jibby, Heres my 1992 Toyota Soarer Convertable. Home made style.

P1010088.JPG

P1010089.JPG

Here is the Targa top version. Yes thats really me.

P1010092.JPG

lets see you do it, all i used was a dewalt sawsall post pics when your done, it only takes like 20mins so we should be seeing some pics tonight right?

Don't tempt me because I also have the same Dewalt Sawsaw with multiple long metal cutting blades...

Talk about saftey... Now cutting the top off the SC400 has to weaken and compromise the structual entegrity of the car... You may need to get a underbody x-frame brace installed to offset car flex when you chop like that...

Now why don't you guys give Jakester here an ear full or a screen full lecture on safety? Why is it always me?

Jake did you really do that to your ride? I wonder how much the top weighs including the sunroof and all...My guess is a couple of hundred pounds or so? What do you do about the jagged edges on the chasis and all the hollow and uneven points after the chop?... How about a custom fit canvass convertable top install? Should cost bank...Maybe some custom made liners to cover up the chop job too.. More bank.......Of course all that just puts the weight right back on the car... A job like that might actually look good if done right... Could be nice idea for summer...

Jake, if your reading in what ever came about with this convertible in the above pic... That could be kinda cool when finished.... Costumising a convertible SC400 seems like a hard feet to accomplish... Getting the top to fit perfectly and conceil when down seems almost like a miracle to me...

Any finishing pic's by any chance? Would love to see that...

Jibbby, Convert it to 5speed..... you'll loose weight (probably around 25lbs or so) and gain more usuable power at the wheels......

Custom aluminum flywheel and lightend pressure plate will be lighter then the flexplate and torque converter assembly for one, plus all the internal rotating parts are lighter in a manual so you have a noticable reduction in rotational mass which helps gain back power at the wheels and ontop of that, there are no slippage looses in a manual (unless the clutch is slipping) like there is in an auto so even more gained drive wheel power. Plus the probably 25lb or so lose in chassis weight makes the manual conversion an all around WIN situation.....

And if your not willing to get rid of the seat for lighter units and the hood for a lighter unit, then your not serious enought to even bother doing anything. So stop where your at and just be happy....

You have to pay to play and speed cost money, how fast do you really want to go??????