Which Wideband??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MaxPower

Well with my crappy wideband finally bitting the dust its time for a new one that actually logs multiple channels which will make life much easier! So far it is down to two candidates....

1) Innovative LM1 with LMA3 box, or
2) PLX R500

Both are pretty equal in terms of specs and price - the innovative misses out on the knock sensor part but gains the 2-axis accelerometer which is optional on the PLX unit. PLX unit logs for longer (44mins vs 80mins) but is slightly slower (10Hz vs 12Hz, not even noticable though).

Has anyone used either of these?? What are your thoughts?? Any other units i should consider?? Have also looked at Zeitronix, AEM and MoTEC.

FJO is also very good, but expensive, and it only goes down to 10:1 AFR.

I really want the next wideband I buy to read lower than 10:1 - not that I want to run in that region, but I want to know how rich the sucker really is EARLY in the startup.

John

Yeah had a look at the FJO, nice unit but expensive once all the add-on's are purchased. I also need on board logging facilties as i dont want my laptop going for a trip around the track! Reading lower than 10:1 AFR is more of a sensor issue rather than the FJO problem, most sensors wont be accurate below that so none bother, although it would be nice for some situations.

Anyone else on here using a wideband?? Thought there would be a few??

Lextreme arnt you using an Innovative LM-1?? Is there anything you find lacking with it??

i use a Techedge, find it to be excellent...i believe the current versions have onboard logging.

It also appears to read under 10:1, i remember seeing 9's when my MAP sensor had issues

Yeah looked at the techedge, nice unit with a good price. The only problem was the on board logging went for 2 minutes with 10 frames per second which meant a laptop in the car for circuit work. But the upside was it did read 9:1 AFRs if you do need that.

I ended up getting the LM-1 with the Aux Box, should be arriving tomorrow.

I am using the Innovative LM-1. Its a good unit and great for tunning, but you will need more then LM-1 to do best tune. You will need a 2 or 3 bar maps sensor along with a RPM reader. Therefore u get AFR, PSI and RPM. You can record for 45 minutes. I am still learning the LW program. Its little complex for me.

I have seen few other smaller units like a 2 1/16" gauge.

Zeitronix are also a fine product.

I use Plx m-500. It's very nice. I log directly to my laptop. afr, knock, boost, rpm and tps. I am going to log my egt aswell.

This product is very helpfull when tuning an engine. And the logging feature are a must when you reach serious power. It's a bit hard to follow all the gauges when all the gears just fly by in seconds. Then it's much better to analyse a log afterwards.

200sx-v8 said:
I use Plx m-500. It's very nice. I log directly to my laptop. afr, knock, boost, rpm and tps. I am going to log my egt aswell.

How do you find the knock sensor part?? After reading up on it thought it would be pretty finicky to setup depending on the particular knock sensor.

sideshow said:
just saw the lc3 at sema the innovative brand

seams ok its about 700 to 800 us dollars

Do have any other info about it??

poid said:
you could also look at PDA's for logging, rather than having a lappy in there

Yeah thats true, there are some pretty neat programs around for that. The LM1 i ended up with does 44minute sessions (@ 12 samples per sec) so should be fine for now.

For the knock sensor logging, I have been trying diffrent freqveny settings untill I found what was working for my knock sensor\engine.

Pda? What is that?

I have my laptop in the car for other reasons anyway. Use it for tuning the ecu.

just ordered lm1 with lma aux box should get it tomorrow i hope

then when i get home in 3 weeks ill test it on my 1uz and data log stuff