Standalone ECU Which stand Alone are you using?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

capn

Hey all,

I am just trying to get a feel for what everyone is using as thier stand alone systems so I can better decide on a reliable ECU. Post what you have and was it easy to install? Also were you able to use stock dizzys and stock coil/ignitor etc.?

Lextreme said:
Why dont u add Autronic as another option.
Vbulletin only allows 10 choices, so just select other i guess. Or if you have the ability to make the Poll choice higher feel free to edit the poll.:veryhappy

I also Forgot Hawk ECU, dont know if anyone is running that one though.:shrug:

i am currently doing an install on a 1uz in hq holden......

using a microtech lt10s with x4 ignition ..

4x twin coils

custom pipes

lokking for u supercharger upgrade.:mischievo :veryhappy

cheers

rob

There's only three brands I use and recommend, Autronic, EFI technology and Motec. As for ignitions you can add M&W to that list.

EMS DualSport II, Firmware version 6.06. It was running my old 4age, wasted spark, distributorless with bosch dual coils and bosch dual ignitors with 8mm magnecor leads. (Could have gone sequential except for budget!) Verified 10rwhp on the dyno from 82 to 92 over the stock ign system... and that was on 31" Mud Terrain tyres!

Will be using exactly the same setup with the 1uz (except with 2 extra coilpacks and an extra dual ignitor of course!) as Ive already got most of the hardware. Not a huge fan of the rotor button and dizzy cap...

Easy to setup, great diagrams and very helpfull staff. Heaps of guys in offroad use them. Hand control is easy to use in the pit if your in a hurry (did it on the weekend for a mates wrx engine'd buggy) and laptop prog if you're sitting on a dyno.

I'd recommend them to anyone, though I've not used autronic, haltec etc so comparable they might be just as good... They've now realeased dataloggers as well. www.enginemanagementsystems.com.au

But if santa loved me I'd have the M800 I really want...

AEM EMS, with a "special" harness to make it 100% PnP.

Eric

cowboy bebop said:
AEM EMS, with a "special" harness to make it 100% PnP.

Eric
by "special" do you mean custom one off harness? or modified stock harness?

Attachments

• guttedMR2.JPG
    guttedMR2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 7
  • V8MR2.JPG
    V8MR2.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 49
A modified stock harness. A custom one off is possible, but you'd end up with the same result, and twice the headache.

Eric

Autronic SMC with 2 MSD6AL's(rev limiters not used)as ignition modules, the rest of ignition is standard TOYOTA.
Easy to hook up & tune with autotune software, have been running this setup for two years no probs.
I am going to update in near future to a SM4 & individual coils.

Attachments

• LS400T-45.JPG
    LS400T-45.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 6
  • LS400T-S.JPG
    LS400T-S.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 6