VVTI help to get running stand alone

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

aniesigh

Hi, i am in the process of sorting the wiring in my VVTi car getting ready to remove the engine (want to get wiring sorted before i remove so i know it should run when its back in its new home)
Now i have got the loom nearly sorted, but at the minute it starts then gradually dies after a few seconds. sometimes it will stay running but it nearly dies then just picks up again. if revved it seems to limit at around 2.5/3K (no rev counter fitted)

Anyone got any suggestions? (i will do some searching in a minute but i'm in a rush to get this thing to run properly so i can drive it back out the workshop as need space for work tomorrow! )

I have constant 12V feed to pins 1&7 of ecu connector E15

i have ignition switched 12v feeds to pins 8, 16 and 9 of E15

i am using the stock relay setup for fuel pump relay, efi relay and the CLR OPN relay, connected up as per lexus diagrams.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? what effect would not running fuel pump resistor have?

Thanks in advance

i wonder if the two problems are unrelated, will it limit at a lower RPM if the ecu thinks its in neutral?
where is the fuel pump resistor located on a vvti ls400? will add this in to eliminate it being the problem/part of the problem.

*edit...found fuel pump resistor and connected it as per diagram. Can't even get her to start now, regardless of whether or not resistor connected!

Last edited:
Sorted....Had cut the 12v power feed for AFM and other things, which was causing the very poor running, one of the immobiliser wires had broken on a sharp edge whilst trying to sort the poor running, hence the non start.

Thanks to George_R for all the help via PM