stand alone, piggyback and stock ecu what have you used with success?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chrisdoesitsideways

Im debating on what kind of engine management to run. I will be running 7 psi on my engine. I am curious to hear some success stories. What engine management have you used and had good luck with.

When choosing management its best to check the suppport for the product you are using. The best management will be crap with a poor tuner / support and the poorest management with a awesome tuner / support can work well. Luck should come into the results

I have used a few different systems now - Link , microtech, AMS, Vipec (link by another name), Wolf , even megasquirt.

My prefered choice is the LINK. I have got 5 on the list to do at the moment ranging from basic Storm on a N/a Gen 1 motor , Xtreme on N/A with auto , Xtreme on twin turbo early through to Xtreme on turbo 1uz VVti and Xtreme on 3uz with full drive by wire function. All these are wired standalone for the engine. I have also wired adaptors to use the LINK for the engine and leaving the stock ECU for auto and car functions like a/c.

I recommend using as many new plugs as possible and avoid joins between the ECU and the function. I use all new injector , coil , cam , crank , ECT plugs so no joins there. I only reuse the TPS and IAC plugs on an early loom. I add either a new bosch IAT or secondhand Toyota one.

I sit down with each job and work out the functions / outputs I want to run and then match the ECU to them. If wiring a Strom they are all the same and wired the same way. Then the matching base tune is loaded and the vehicle can be driven.

Every system has its own tricks to making them better. Often there is tuning software you can download the play with. If you are just learning the amount of info out there can be overwelming.

Cheers