Went head up yesterday against a Z07 Vette...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well I must tell this story - I went head up again against a new standard C6 vette over the weekend...It was Friday night and the legal street races were on Florence and Avalon in business district of Los Angeles, California.... A safe big quarter mile street that is wide and empty... I got matched up against a stock C6 Vette which I knew would be a close race.....

Well, since blowing my last tranny I had to reduce my nitrous load from a 150 shot down to a 100 shot... Let's just say it makes a big difference... I LOST THE RACE!!!!

The story - We lined up and I was riding the nos out of the gates...The race was actually close up until about 50mph although the Vette was a half a car length ahead then at 50mph it simply pulled away... This will not work for me... I left the races fealing very unsatisfied.... My nemises the Vette's, if it's not a Zo6 it is now the standard ones.......:17:

Sorry to hear that, John. You may need a full bottle to gain back your SC power. 1 thing I found out about the SC is that you don't floor it immediately at the dead stop. It'll bog if you do. Just tap the gas 1/2 way in really quick, then floor it. It'll roll the car right away and then you can force feed the Nos in. I practiced on my car at full boost and this how I noticed a big difference. My car's rear can zig-zag due to too much torque if I launch correctly and not losing power due to the bogging.

Here's my story. I just got the rebuilt Lextreme TC in and everything is just wonderful. I smoked easily on the new BMW 335 twin turbo and the new Infinity sedan G35 with 306 hp. I started pulling away from them at around 30 mph, then my car kept pulling very strong to 100 mph until I slowed down. I'm looking for more competitive cars to test out, such as the C5 Corvette. I'm just running very low boost at 6 psi, and can't wait till I boost it at 12 psi. I'm very positive I can hang with the Z06 anytime at 12 psi.

A 2 stage nitrous might work well for you. Adding a second stage which comes on at a higher rpm should have less shock then one big stage at lower rpm.

Steve, my car does not bog out of the gates at full throttle... I get instant throttle response and rear wheel spin without nitrous..I have to slightly delay the nos start or I will just spin out and go no where.. It's a real timing thing with my ride which I have down to a tee.....

Steve, If you want to step up and test your boosted SC4 just try a standard Vette first and you will find them to be a solid challenge...A new Vette will spank a G37 infinity, and probably that BMW you speak of too.... They simply move even at 400hp... Oh, and I really don't see to many boosted SC4's and or SC3's beating out the new Z06 Vette... I must say be careful for what you wish for Steve and don't bite off more then you can chew, those Z06's are simply very fast and really move...

Turboandrew - A progressive nitrous shot would help matters for sure...However, I am getting away from the nitrous and looking to supercharge shortly...

glad to see your performance at 6 psi, i have to agree with jibby though, beating out a c6 z06 with 12 psi is very ambitious, maybe a stock c5 zo6?

Well, I'd say I'll hang with the Z06 at 12 psi but not win it...:scared: But who knows I can win it out of the sky. My car doesn't bog at WOT. It goes all out at WOT. I like the rebuilt TC. It shifts like this...Ppp...ppp...ppp. really quick at all RPM range.

John,
How's your M112 setup going? You want to test out my car so I can convince you going for the turbo setup?

Steve, I would love to see just how fast your single turbo'd SC400 is..PM me next time you plan to meet up with the boys..... I've always wanted to stack my SC400 up against boosted ones and compare the difference between boost and nitrous...

In regards to supercharging - My M112 supercharger is still in the works as I am still waiting for a few vital parts from a certain Lextreme member......Steve, from what you are saying on your recent posts your SC400 sounds seriously fast...If you are even close to a C6 Z06 that's just sick, especially on the stock internal 1uz-fe and sc400 automatic tranny....If what you are saying is correct about your SC4 then your SC4 is probably about as fast or maybe even faster then mine when I ran the true 150 nitrous shot... I can't believe you are getting smoothe and crisp tranny shifts like you described.. From my experience and reads - When you reach a certain torque and power level with these Sc400's the tranny shifts acts up, it's been that way for me with two tranny's and has happened to two other high powered Sc400 owners...

With my 150 nitrous shot and all my mods I was honestly hard pressed to lose any street races as long as my tranny shifted correctly. Now, I am not so unbeatable with the 100 shot...Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are not having the same tranny issues as I have experienced.. Maybe nitrous is a bit different then natural boost when it comes to the electronic reads of the tranny.. The other guy whom experience untimely tranny shifts was also running a 150 nitrous shot on his SC400... Who frigg'n knows????

I can currently only hang with your 100 shot, but not 150 shot. For a 1/4 mile, my car still be able to keep pulling while your 100 shot starts to dry out. But your car might win over mine for the first distance. This might be the reason the Z06 Vette keeps pulling away, while your car starts to slow down. I need to prepare my fuel system to hang with your full 150 shot.

From what I've been told and read, NOS is really bad for any auto tranny. It doesn't give a gradual power increase like turbo or supercharger. Maybe that's why your tranny starts to go bad after awhile. I hope when I get to that power level, my tranny would still be ok. I'm also running the tranny cooler installed on the side before the passenger's front tire. It's cold down there.

David and James want to do some youtube show time, but I still need to finish my SC's body properly. The exterior is pretty beat up after a year parking without being washed and has no bodykit. I'll let you know when we meet up.

Wow.. Sorry to hear you got beat up by the C6 John. I didn't know 50 shot of nitrous make that big of a difference. Your car seem very fast to me. Steve car is just amazing last time I tried it out. Love the sound and the low end power. It's a sick car. And speaking of low end David 4.7L is freaken nuts. I tried his car too and that thing break loose of traction soo easily. We should have a friendly 1/4 mile to see how we stack up. Let's make a video of different setup for this forum. I think it would be very informative for our member to see the result. Any of you guys down for that??
I'm down to race you guys with my 2jzgte 12psi on Race Gas. I think I should be able to keep up a bit:fingersx:

I've been calling out for a friendly Lextreme member race for years...Just say when... I don't expect to win with my 100 shot, but I am sure it will still be close.... Let's meet up...

James how can a N/A 4.7L tundra motor with cams swapped into an SC400 keep up with you boosted guys... Is Lex's SC4700 really that fast N/A? I've been hearing things...

I've always wanted to make a wicked Utube burnout and go video of my Sc400...I just never figured out how to create and download the video clips... I got an new HP camera with video capabilities, but I just haven't gotten around on figuring it all out yet....

David 4.7L got a pretty good grunt. I will definitely give you a run for your money. I'm interest in see you NOS sc400 vs David 4.7L. That should be fun to see. I'm gonna bring some pop corn and a lawn chair for this. LOL

BTW I haven't seen your car for ages John.

Don't worry I'll be there to race you guys.

Wow... John. You calling Lex's out?? LOL.. :swordfight: :You_Rock_Emoticon::biggrin:

Just to let u know. My turbo headers and down pipes are being tig weld. After that, its going to get a show with ceramic coating. Install and tune.... Now what were you saying jibbby? LOL

Heh..heh..My new competition just for tonight. I was on the 22 E and a new Dodge SRT-4 turbo tried to hang with me, but barely got on my tail. From what I read from professional reviews, the stock SRT-4 can run 5.5 from 0-60 and around 13.5 for 1/4 mile. Many SRT-4s are increased with upgraded boost since they're turbo cars and can run 12 or mid 11 seconds. I'm just smiling and hoping my friendly SRT-4 was an upgraded version. The MSN auto review called this SRT the 2nd fastest Dodge after the Viper. :lew: Plz be patient once I get my car's body fixed up.

LOL.... Steve you race hunger freaks. You scaring all the guys out there bro. Leave some for David and me lol J/k. Nice kill. Those SRT-4 are really fast even if it's front wheel drive. Sound like your car is kicking serious butt. Nice!!

Just to let u know. My turbo headers and down pipes are being tig weld. After that, its going to get a show with ceramic coating. Install and tune.... Now what were you saying jibbby? LOL

LOL... Man i know David is not going to stay quiet for long ROFL. This is pretty fun. I love the trash talk. Bring some live to the thread. Can't wait to have a friendly competition with you guys and then we should go get a drink to talk and laugh about it.

LOL.... Steve you race hunger freaks. You scaring all the guys out there bro. Leave some for David and me lol J/k. Nice kill. Those SRT-4 are really fast even if it's front wheel drive. Sound like your car is kicking serious butt. Nice!!
It's actually my bad habit when I see a competition ready for rolling. :firedevil: That's why I remember when I had my first 1984 Corrolla, my friend called me a crazy...LOL. I'm sure there'll be plenty of room for you, David, and John to share. The list comes down from Veyron Bughatti, Spyker, Koenisegge (I'm sure I spell this wrong), F1 McLaren, Ferrari F50, Ferrari Enzo, Lambo Murciellago, Viper, Porches GT2, Z06, 1984 Corrolla...etc. I don't think my car is really that fast, but I think I can hang with the NSX 290 hp version for now.

I know a restauran called "The Rock Bottom" that brew their own beers in Long Beach. The best in town. We should take a visit there, or maybe just go to Lextremist headquarter for some Heinnekein and crawfish.

If you guy's are doing those times on a 1/4 I can only wonder what my new toy will do later on. sub 800kg's wet and twin charged 1uzfe, groupC can-am aerodynamic body.

nobody seems to mention weight exept justin...... why? (what does it weigh anyway justin)
it's equally importand to how many ponny's escape you crankshaft. I can do low 12's in the striker with only 163hp without it ever braking down.... if I can get the weight down a further 50kg I'll do the same times as you multi100's hp machines.

grtz thomas

Striker, weight reduction is huge... I wish I could drop 700lbs off my SC400 stock weight...

Dude's you guys are getting my competitive juices flowing...I am thinking about turning up my nitrous load back to 150 and rolling the dice with the tranny... Lex, I will not run against your SC470 when you finally boost it, you will then be the king of the block... However, how much boost can you really apply when your still running on that stock SC400 tranny?...Your limit is 350-400whp and I would still be in the game at that level of power I would think... If you swap in the TH400 and boost away it's over...

Steve, you are like me...I never turned down a race... It's something about lining up against another powerful car and wanting to show and go... It gets me every time..

However, I hate to lose, and really hate to get spanked... If I lose by a half of car length I can live with it, but when I get smoked which is not very ofter I am ready to sell my car... It's just funny....