Piston Head Damage?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Derflandhumus

Have a 1uzfe with a bent valve and piston head looks like this, is this going to cause issues in long run?

Still rotates fine and there doesnt appear to be damage/scratches on cylinder wall

Thanks for the input!

edit: uploaded better pics, really concerned with how close the edge of the piston head is to the wall at the bottom, it feels like its been bashed in and the metal deformed outward toward the cylinder wall, again doesnt appear to be touching the cylinder wall buts its damn close, what im looking for is reliability but if i have to replace a piston i might as well get another engine from the junk yard.

Attachments

• 20140101_045400.jpg
    20140101_045400.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140101_161738.jpg
    20140101_161738.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140101_161807.jpg
    20140101_161807.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Piston and block look to be ok. What's the head look like?
A stock 1UZ is non interference, so if you were to break a cam belt and turn over the engine, non of the valves will crash on the pistons. Different story with after market cams though.

Piston and block look to be ok. What's the head look like?
A stock 1UZ is non interference, so if you were to break a cam belt and turn over the engine, non of the valves will crash on the pistons. Different story with after market cams though.

Head looks fine, and the internals should be stock this was driven by an old man so i doubt he did anything to modify it, everything is stock from what i could tell, how do you explain the gouge on the top right of piston (in picture), and it the pic doesnt show that well theres a ton of scratching on the piston head.

I'd be guessing something got into that cylinder and got tossed around. Possibly got stuck under a valve at some point. That's what caused it to bend a valve. If you have the engine out, pop the piston and inspect it. Should be a simple repair if needs a little deburring. Replace the valve, lap them in. Assemble, check the valves hold fuel and reassemble. Given its a stocky that's what I'd do.