best Piston rod combination

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bullstarz

I've got a 1uzfe vvti engine which i know can't take hardly any boost, so forced induction requires updating the internals.

Theres shed loads of Pistons and rods out there but which are the best and which are the best value

SO far I've found that eagle rods are cheap and are the same as the cheap Chinese rods, These are offered in many different disguises but are all the same. All the advise i get is these can't handle the power.

Ross pistons are good value but have a lot of piston slap untill there have warmed up.

SO what is the best combination and wheres the best price. One or two people have mentioned that other engines pistons and rods fit or can be made to fit and work out cheaper.

What the truth

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good to know, seem to be getting some good prices on Wiseco Pistons. Which i remember being good years ago. Pauter rods seem to be around the $1600 US.

Has anyone bought any recently, they might still have all the setting and dimensions. The setting up and the initial machining make up a lot of the cost.

would be good if Cp did the whole package, they list everything but its all apparently custom order with the associated price tag. Nice and strong though.

From what i have seen and all the advised i have been given, the Cp pistons are the best choice, seems like everyone rates them. The best price ive been given is $1,199 USD. Is there a difference between Non VVTI and VVTI Cp pistons.

Rod different thing. Corrilos good but not worth the extra Pauter good and cheaper. Corillos H beam $1,501.20 and Pauter X beam at $1,590.00.

Has any one used TTC I beam rod as these seem good value at $740 USD.

From what i have seen and all the advised i have been given, the Cp pistons are the best choice, seems like everyone rates them. The best price ive been given is $1,199 USD. Is there a difference between Non VVTI and VVTI Cp pistons.

Rod different thing. Corrilos good but not worth the extra Pauter good and cheaper. Corillos H beam $1,501.20 and Pauter X beam at $1,590.00.

Has any one used TTC I beam rod as these seem good value at $740 USD.

Link to that price for the CP pistons?

Argo Rods n Ross Pistons (both straight off the shelf) 1200hp TT 1UZ, over 400 passes n almost 40000km's of street driving.

we switched to CP Pistons now, they look alot more sturdy than the Ross, will let ya know in 5 years how they are :p

well what about the H-beam chevy rods? what is needed to make them work on our 1uz motor? forged chevy rods can be had for 1/2 ^^^^^ these prices

I've got a 1uzfe vvti engine which i know can't take hardly any boost, so forced induction requires updating the internals.

Theres shed loads of Pistons and rods out there but which are the best and which are the best value

SO far I've found that eagle rods are cheap and are the same as the cheap Chinese rods, These are offered in many different disguises but are all the same. All the advise i get is these can't handle the power.

Ross pistons are good value but have a lot of piston slap untill there have warmed up.

SO what is the best combination and wheres the best price. One or two people have mentioned that other engines pistons and rods fit or can be made to fit and work out cheaper.

What the truth

4340 h beam eagle rods / scat rods, with arp 2000 bolts 1200+ hp and 9000+ rpm
zero issues
just get a h13 or 9310 wrist pin upgrade