Went head up yesterday against a Z07 Vette...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Steve, based on those power numbers you presented and weight differences the two cars should be very close to equal... It appears maybe the drivers of the two cars should be compared in that video rather then the cars themselves....
That's possible. Many other factors are involved such as driver...etc. 1 thing that should be kept in mind is the Subaru is AWD which has better traction than the Vette.

AWD restricts power because there are more moving parts in the drivetrain.. With the Subaru weighing more, AWD, and both cares close to equal in the torque department the Z06 should have it's way with the Subaru... Those Vette's really grip at launch and have traction control features as well...Gearing, I would also have to give the edge to the Z06 as well, unless the Subaru owner re-geared the car which I dought..

Like you said Steve many factors to consider with this senerio when comparing the two cars, however one of the biggest factors to consider especially when dealing with two manual transmission cars has got to be the drivers....

Do both drivers have fearless attitudes? Are both pushing the cars to the limits? Is one driver or the other conservative, aggressive, are both experienced with their cars, big balls, small shrivelled balls, etc..:drive:

A good example would be to put Dale Earnhart Jr and myself on a track with identical nascars and race, I would get worked over for sure or hit the wall trying to keep up with Dale even though the cars are equal.:eek:uch:

I was impressed with the Subaru as he was seriously struggling to keep up with those two cars as he filmed them.....

Justen, I'd give it another crack too....and lose..

You think you got enough ponies to beat out a Z06? Good luck...

11.7 1/4's on my street tyres and rolling accel that has me staying with a 900 fireblade, i don't need luck mate :)

Justen you lucky bastard... Sounds like you're sitting on a rocket...

11.7 without drag slicks is very impressive to say the least... I don't think I can match that with drag slicks but I betcha I could come very close....

Sounds about right. My car did 0-100 in 3.8 secs and 11.7 1/4 @ 122mph on 430rwhp (near enough to 500hp flywheel) with a bit less weight at 3040lbs wet.

these days with 500+rwhp i'd smoke em :)

I know from my test drive and this thread race that the Z06's are really really fast, it pulls and pulls hard 0-100mph from what I could tell... Yeah Justen it sounds like you might edge out a Z06 but I don't know about smoke em... Don't get too happy slappy...

The Z06 and Z07's are no joke...Good traction, good weight, good gearing, and good power... It gets A's all the way across the board as far as I'm concerned.. Throw a good driver behind the wheel and most street rods will be pressed to hang....

Throw some slicks and mild boost on a stock Z06 and it will be untouchable.. That's getting a little silly now...

I would like to see a Merc SL65 AMG go up against one...Those are fast as crap too... GTT500's are sick, boosted Viper's are sick, Porsche GT3's aren't too shabby either...Shall I continue? I am thinking of the fastest street legal cars...Those all come to mind...

Can you say Bugati? - Day dreaming is fun....

I know from my test drive and this thread race that the Z06's are really really fast, it pulls and pulls hard 0-100mph from what I could tell... Yeah Justen it sounds like you might edge out a Z06 but I don't know about smoke em... Don't get too happy slappy...

GT8 FTW easy jibbby :D I'm lighter, have a heap more power, race car handling and my braking system totals 20 pistons on big rotors. The Z06 might still be within sight but doubt he could read my plates ;)

Curious, what will you beat the Z06 with?
*grin*

My almost completely stock motorbike. It'll do mid 10s all day, with the limiting factor being my ability to keep the front wheel on the deck. Other (also stock) bikes are quicker still. You need some pretty serious machinery to beat a fairly stock bike, let alone a tricked out one.

Fast cars will beat a bike on long straights (bike aeros aren't great) and in ultimate corner speed (nice big contact patch - better grip, better braking dynamics). On the other hand, bikes have an advantage in readily available (read affordable) tyre technology.

Seriously, this contest is a little childish. As is street "racing" - take it to the track.

Yes, this thread is a bit childish but so what...We build our rides with pride do we not? We build them for speed right? So I say why not tell a story or two once in a while and get roasted for it? No?...It's all good and fun, no?....

You know fellas I use to own a drag bike that would clean you all, a true death machine... Since we are boasting our present and past rides and being a bit childish why not boast some more... This drag bike of mine went 0-100mph in 2.5 seconds, first gear and second gear you wouldn't dare punch it, too much power.. The front end of the stretched and lowered bike would just want to pop up on you...Truely scary stuff I kid you not... I sold it a few years back to avoid a certain death...What a rush though....Got a few ladies on that bike and a few tickets for noise and speed..Hang a turn on the bike and the single fat pipe on the side would scrap the ground and give a small fireworks show for on lookers.. Excellent ground effects....Not exactly what you would call a street worthy bike but you could pull it off... Continued oil leaks and pure fear made me sell the monster... End of story

Justen, it appears you do own a rocket....My bad....

Russo, I would take my car to the track but it really only motors from 0-60mph, a little dogish after that...Now if I had Justen's ride I would go to the track regularly... My car is just perfect for an occasional safe street race every now and then..

Street races are fun, they can however be a little dangerous at times depending on where the race takes place.. Track is safer for sure and is obviously the responsible thing to do.. Oooops my bad...

I've always taken some precaution when launching with another nut on the streets... I only race up to 60mph, not in high traffic or people zones.. Yeah, but there is always that chance of the other knuckle head losing control and wrapping a pole, crashing into a house, jumping a curve and rolling over and over til she blows...Etc... Call it foolish, call it childish, call it what you will but we all must take chances and enjoy our rides every once in a while... The good news is I haven't killed anyone yet....:fing02:

I always say if you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room....:smoker: Life is short so play hard right????:headbang:

Awd on a dyno looks like its restricting power when compared to Rwd...
But if the Rwd had to turn the front wheels as it does on road ?
There wouldn't be too much difference... Its the way dyno's measure also.. Like lighter driveshaft, wheels etc can make a difference also...
The rotating mass on Awd is higher and slightly shows on dyno..
But not so much on road....

Awd on a dyno looks like its restricting power when compared to Rwd...
But if the Rwd had to turn the front wheels as it does on road ?
There wouldn't be too much difference... Its the way dyno's measure also.. Like lighter driveshaft, wheels etc can make a difference also...
The rotating mass on Awd is higher and slightly shows on dyno..
But not so much on road....

XR8tt - You are a smart fellow but I gotta disagree with ya on that one.. You have to turn an extra driveshaft, tranny gearing, rotate the front wheels, etc...

A good example: Many people try and go with an alluminum driveshaft just to lessen 3 pounds off a RWD vehicle to free up ponies... Removing weight from moving parts is not the same as removing weight off the vehicle itself.. AWD sucks horsepower in a big way compared to RWD..

Yes I agree.. But in Subaru and Mitsi Evo's case they have light axles etc... Not saying they don't take power but its not like a Land Cruiser 4wd set up....
The Subaru is also from 50 mph and up on accelleration.. Awd won't help much from this speed on as traction is not an issue and as they say the friction, inertia extra
awd
compnents should come into play.. But in that vid it doesn't .. Keep in mind a Rwd should have twice the parasitic drag due to being one strong part.. I know my rwkw going from plastic T5 to TKO gear box, twin plate clutch assemby cost me some power on dyno...As an example...

You have to rotate the front wheels ON ROAD also on Rwd...Which isn't measured on 2wd dyno....