Went head up yesterday against a Z07 Vette...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I would put this thread in the race section but it was to solid of a race to pass on and had to go General Discussion Section for some feedback -

THE STORY - I happen to be in the hood (South Central Los Angeles)shopping for some cheap clothes and on the way back home when I pulled up behind a brand new Z07 Vette... Now, I know my SC400 will most likely get smoked but I just wanted to see how badly I would get smoked anyway, so I edged this clown on.....:006:

Nos was armed (150 shot), a black dude was cruising the Z07, probably a pro athelete or a major drug dealer considering the area I found this beast cruising in...First off this was the first time I have ever seen a Z07 on the streets, and boy does that car look fast, light in weight and fat from the rear...

Anyway, I pulled up beside the Z07 at the next red light, he noticed me and gave the go ahead thumbs up after my jesture forward finger... I said oh sheeeet it's on...:fing02: The green light hits and we bolt, now I got new fat soft rubber treads on the rears and I bolt well so we are neck and neck out of the blocks. More then half way down first gear I hit the nos (a little bit early) and start to busted loose as I slam into second gear... Still I suprised him I think and was neck and neck all the way up until 50mph or so.. I had a very very good run..So what happen at 50mph and on I care not to discuss but I will anyway, my SC4 hit that third gear and it was ugly from there on out....The powerful 500hp+ Vette pulled away confortably and impressively...Top gears on the Z07 vette are so very impressive... Top gears on the SC400 automatic (built tranny) suck.... End of story...:tongue2:

Anyway, as far as I am concerned I did better then I ever thought I would... I believe I am ready to take on any new standard Vette in my ride and win based on that race atleast up until the 60mph mark..I am pretty fired up over this race as it has always been my goal since I first started modifiying my SC4 to handle a Standard Vette or Merc AMG55. I believe I have finally arrived...:smoker:

You should always let off at 50 or 60 so that it looks like you have won and you don't want to rub it in by beating him more. When are you throwin in a 6 spd??

More then half way down first gear I hit the nos (a little bit early)
TOO SOON JUNIOR!

Anyway your buildup ideal sounds similar to mine, my main goal for my car is to shut down a 2001 S55 AMG. It shouldn't be too hard with a supercharger because the S55 from that year only has 350hp and runs 14.0 in the quarter, which I think your car has already beaten

Well when the NOS is running the RPMS climb faster then fast so it is hard to tell what speed a shift occures during an all out race, so when ever third gear slams the car has noticeable let off...If it's around 70mph or what ever then that is when my car starts to die off considerably.. I started loosing the race at around 50mph though as far as I could tell against the Z07 so maybe I was still in Second but third gear is when I really got smoked... Not alot on the top end power from 3rd gear on(torque converter stall rate is a bit responsible for that)

Death by base - I know what you are trying to do and that is discredit me...I would appreciate you not posting on my threads as you told me not to post on your threads.... Thank you in advance for cooperation in this matter because I don't like you....

My gear changes are bit faster for several reasons, Torsen LSD, Built tranny, 18's on Low profiles (soft rubber)... Those all make for slightly quicker shifts.... Nitrous can make tranny shifts off a bit too when your spinning those rears in second under the juice.....Lots to consider with my ride...

You should always let off at 50 or 60 so that it looks like you have won and you don't want to rub it in by beating him more. When are you throwin in a 6 spd??

That's a good point when considering the SC400's...Unless you have mad 60 boost and the stock torque converter I do take your advise when racing some very fast sports cars...

My topend isn't pathetic but it's not rude like my 1st and 2nd gears....

The 6 speed V160 would be nice, but I got the built auto tranny in for now....No immediate plans to swap in the V160 or even an R154.....

Jibby...

You need a single turbo.... GT35R will kick some Vet's behind.

You know Lex, not sure a GT35R single would make my car any faster that is why I haven't done it yet... Maybe when running at full boost would give my SC4 just a little more power in the upper gears, but a 150 nitrous shot running is just as potent if not more then a pegged GT35R ...Wouldn't you agree?

I think it is very hard for any SC400 or Supra to take a standard 400hp Vette boosted, nos, or supercharged.. The weight, gearing and traction is at a whole different level in those Vettes.......The Z07's are really really hard to take in one of those two cars, now that would be a sight to see...

I really don't see any street legal boosted SC3, SC4's, Soarer's and or Supra TT's beating out one of these Z07's 0-100mph..... Maybe a few Supra's but they would have to be set up for the track...

Those Z07 are just so so fast.. Infact the Z06 Vettes are almost as rude too...

TOO SOON JUNIOR!

Anyway your buildup ideal sounds similar to mine, my main goal for my car is to shut down a 2001 S55 AMG. It shouldn't be too hard with a supercharger because the S55 from that year only has 350hp and runs 14.0 in the quarter, which I think your car has already beaten

Thermo - Your running a 150 shot on your SC4? Progressive? My advise is if you want to take out an AMGE55 is that you really need to concentrate on the traction setup with your SC.....I believe the rear wheel traction in these heavy front end SC's is the biggest acheles heel beside the auto tranny... You need coilovers, backend lowering, fat soft rubber rear tires, maybe even a little weight transfer action going on... If you have the power it's really useless unless you go all out on the traction setup...

Just my two cents... I am sure I could get my SC400 to run a bit faster with a progressive 150 shot rather then a full 150 shot burst... As you know those rears really break loose in the early gears with that blast...

you dont even know what speed your car changes gears at?

and I didn't realise that 18inch tyres led to quicker shifts... hell, that doesn't even make sense...

my guess is that the other guy wasn't even racing... lol

I don't know why I am responding to you Death by Bass, I guess I must be bored and have nothing better to do...

I guess I don't know exactly when my car shifts when the Nitrous is on because it shifts so fast and aslo the tranny has a mind of it's own at times when riding the juice..

The 18 inch alloy rims in which I speak of in combination with the very low profile tires that I have on my SC now are actually smaller in diameter from the top to bottom over the stock sized and SC400 rims and tires.. That means the wheels will rotate just a hair faster when the car is in motion as opposed to the stock fitted rims and tires... Effecting the speedo, and the shifts just a hair... Not a big difference but a difference never the less.. Does that make sense you? Smaller wheels turn faster then Larger wheels which means the car will shift faster, get it yet?

Yes the guy was racing you bone head....

ok... last time i checked, there was no such thing as a Z07 on the streets. Z06 for sure. but not Z07.

the again, i haven't been following car news for a few months.

Oh the non-believers....The Z07 Vette was on the streets Aneama... Remember, I live in LA, California the meca for new sportscar appearances.. Movie stars, pro athelets, musicians, you name it they are every where you look.. I am not exaggerating at all, making up a race I lost for attention, or anything else of that nature... I would hope that I am not in need of forum attention that badly...

I have seen and sat in a new and undriven Z07 Vette at the LA convention car show... I even posted pictures of that car on this forum in a thread...The Z07 I raced was the same color, same fat body, etc..and infact it was the first time I have ever seen one on the streets...It looked absolutely awesome... The 7.4 liter supercharged brand spanking new Zo7 Vette...

Whether some of you guys want to believe this or not, it makes no difference to me... I just wanted to share a race that I got jazzed up over and lost..That is it...

To me it was a moral victory though...Why you may ask? Well 5 years ago I got smoked in this same SC400 (in stock form) car of mine by a 1994 4.6L GT stock mustang (probably automatic too).. That was the turning point, either sell or modify my SC400 I had enough.. Shortly after is when I first logged onto Lextreme and began to modify this lemon of mine... It's very satisfying to stay with a car of that caliber even for a stort while in this older 92 Lexus SC400 of mine, that is all.....

I am sure you guys can identify with that, no?

Cheers everyone, I wish I could have won that race..... I think I would need a rediculous engine build, rediculous boost, weightless body, manual tranny, etc...etc.. to take one those rides 0-100mph... Like I said it really moved after 50mph or so...

This is a personal picture of a Z07 which I took from my camera...

John,

The race is nice. It turned me on since my car is down for the project. I haven't raced for real for like 10 months...You can tell that my V6 Tacoma is a slug. :happysad: Wait up! We'll race for a beer. If nothing is wrong, my car should be fired up this weekend. But it still needs several other parts to make it street running, such as brakes, tires, gauges, and body parts.