VVti (UCF20/21) Immobilizer Cracked

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

After a bit of work I have finally cracked the VVti Security problem. I no longer need to get anything with the motors except for the ECU itself. I will put up a video of a motor with security ECU running on the stand. Im not going to share how as I have spent a fair bit of time sorting this.

Cheers
Kelvin

thats good
ive got the vvti 1u front cut here
might have a late one next week and do some research on it
not that i give a fuk bout them anymore heheheheheh
signed contract on tues night
7 weeks and we have to be out of our house so sunny qld here we come

I have been thinking about it for about a year. Doing the odd bit of research on and off but nothing serious. Sunday arvo I started with trans codes (got them sorted, now need to do the box) then wired up one immobilizer. Then I have found locally avaliable parts for most of it and the final part was getting a chip encoded with the ECU code. Tuesday I started on other work and the chips arrived this morning. Now I really need to do some real work. If you check out that front cut can you trace the hydraulic fan wiring please. Good luck with the move. Hope your grumpy mood improves.Haha Cheers

i turned 40 2 months ago so i think ill be a grumpy old man from now on hehehe
send em message or something next tues ish to remind me and ill go over the front cut

so u dont need the key reader?
im wondering if this might work on the landcruisers i do as they have a similar system
as im not really interested in the vvti 1u as we have bugger all of them in australia
but i do about 10 landcruisers a year
anyway chat next week

Sure thing. I can't reveal too much on here ( you should know me better than that ) There is so much Voodoo around immobilizers. I was told so many times it couldnt be done but that just made me work harder. Also I think it helps I know bugger all about electronics so I attacked the problem in a very simple and systematic fashion. I cant take all the credit either , I had help and encouragement from many people. I suspect the cruisers would work with this setup as well. Cheers

hehe sure know what yr talking about
i dont help many on forums these days since they dont want to pay for a professional job
and they want all the info for nothing anf then the call me moody heheheeh
i leave that the help to the up and coming auto electical experts hahahahaah

Remember Jim, Just like you, Im a mechanic not an auto sparkie. Its only because im interested in this stuff that I did it. I can wire 1uz motors right through to UCF20 and going to see if I can get past the UCF30 security next. If not the motor will be getting a 20 series loom and we will hope the ecu can compensate for the extra 300cc of the 3UZ. Give me some of the simple body or lighting wiring I cant be bothered. Thats what sparkies are for. Haha

cause we r mechanics we want to learn how to figure the sparky stuff out
95% of old school auto elects out there cant be fkt learning new shit
they cant even be fkt surfing the net to find info on jobs that are coming in the next few days
im always getting calls asking how to fix this for new model cars
some dont even know how crank and cam sensors work in various cars

i hate simple and light wiring as it always takes me ages
ive done close to 300 4ag wire ups and prob over 60 1uz and over 80 1jzs in my time
then over 100 ls1/2/3/7 motors and couple hundred nissans
theres not much i wont do but at the end of this month the rta are bringing new set of rules to getting older cars registered and this will kill our industry even more
so since some people are wiring their cars themselves and the rta fking it for us
i might have to find a new career
by the time im 50 i might have burnt all my diagrams and thrown my dvds of data out heheeh

im going down to canberra this weekend
got a seminar on to learn about the new direct injection diesel motors
got for a full day so im going to learn something
and this guy sells afew diagnostic tools so im defenately going to see what he has
so once i move i might buy 5 or 6 diagnostic scanners and get into the late model stuff

You have got to love common rail diesels. They have a whole new range of problems. Don't worry with manufactures producing D4d and the like and DI petrols it makes the old stuff could make a comeback as it costs so much just to make the new stuff run like it should. I sometimes spend less doing a conversion than fixing the new stuff. Cheers

yes i wired up a 2.5 hiace direct injection diesel motor into an old diahatsu tipper truck
and it had electronic auto
was a massive job but got it sorted in the end
the shop supplied a fkt ecu diue to water damage so i spent abit of time wondering y it wont start anyway new ecu and it started
only thing is u need to program the injectors to the ecu
the nimber on each injecotr is 30 digits
anyway i could never program them in as maybe u need the rest of the car body ecus there but it ran ok anyway
so yer they are very complicated and u need latest diag stuff for them

I suppose the problem was sorted like the following
1 Find ECU without an immo (late UZS151 maybe)
2 Desolder and read eeprom chip inside
3 Program eeprom chip in newer ECU which has immo feature
4 immo should become disabled now, wont throw 99 code, will run ok
This worked with JDM 2JZ-GTE ecu's for me

ecus dont have to be touched
u just need to know how the system works and i doubt we r going to tell
maybe ask your friends on toymods how to they are a smart bunch hehehehe

hey kelvin looks like house is sold as the buyers bank is coming tomorrow to assess the place so i will be wiring this landcruiser loom into the patrol in about a week
ive got to try one thing if it doesnt work ill call u up for a chat anyway let u know what i found
my oscilloscope is older than my dad looks like so its hard to get a clean scope on it
but ill let u know what i found and see if its worth u looking at the ecus to make a chip for em

sideshow
Doubt they ever did something like this. However this thread itself has some useful info already. Namely, the setup shown on the video and your info that inside of the ECU remains unmodified (opposite to my jzs161 aristo experience).

Check out my thread titled VVti goodness. Might give you some more clues. What ECU number do you have? What is the motor going into? Auto or manual? I do have diagrams and as with many workshops paid to get them. Cheers