timing fine tuning (vvti) P1351

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GeenIdee

Hello

I am in search of an answer that appears to be hard to find. Hopefully there is someone on this forum that can help me.

Long story short:

I have pulled the vvt "covers" for the o-ring replacement. I have done this the wrong way and therefor had them fully apart. Now I am faced with code P1351 "Variable valve timing sensor/camshaft position sensor circuit range/performance problem (bank 2)"

Now, so far, I am still convinced timing fine OR off by just a hair. But I don't know how sensitive the system is. Reason for saying is that I am currently driving the car with no issues but the fault code. Sometimes I feel like there is a slight vibration on idle at the traffic light but that's about it.

With the VVT unit being a "non-serviceable part", I am unable to find any info on how to fine tune the cam timing and therefor also not able to verify if correct.

When the pulleys are at their timing marks, the intake cams on bank 2 first cilinder point straight up (relative to the head) and I have nothing to verify if this is correct. I found the manual to be unclear because they talk about the cam gear timing marks separately from the marks for changing the timing belt. For example: when the timing belt is timed right, I was unable to lock the exhaust cam gear at bank 1 because the hole was 180 degree's off. So I also do not know if the cam gear marks on bank 2 should be aligned or a few degree's off like the manual states, when the belt is timed right.

So like I said, I am hoping someone can help me out here.

Additional info:
'99 LS400 vvti
Live data shows VVT control bank 2 "off" and bank 1 "on" at idle, and values don't change simultaneous while driving. I am also confused on whether this is an actual ecu output value or a value made up from comparing sensors.

Thanks in advance!

-Kevin