VVti Transmission question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

duza

I've got my hands on a 1uz VVti motor and 5 speed auto, which I intend to fit into a 4x4 Hilux. With my current V8 conversion it was easy to remove the rear housing from the 4speed auto and bolt it up to the Hilux transfer case. However, when I removed the output housing from the 5 speed auto, the housing seems to have a fluted molding inside which mates to a fluted cog. It looks fairly important and maybe the 5th gear.

Can someone tell me is it actually possible to do this conversion, or will I have to use an older 4 speed?
Ric

I have a customer that has mated his to a Prado transfer case so it must be possible. He did have to make up a couple of adaptors. Best to try and keep everything as a matched set so the ECU will control the transmission correctly. Cheers

Lex,
Please explain? What's the torque convertor got to do with the other end of the transmission?

Gloverman,
I know someone who is going to fit a VVti motor into his prado, but will be using the prado auto. I can't see how you could fit the 5 speed to a transfer case without moving the transfer case rearwards by about 6 inches, cos of the extra length of the transmission.

Does anyone know what this output housing fluting and cog actually do? It doesn't seem to mention anything in the workshop manual.
Ric

Shoot me an e-mail Ric with pics and we should be able to work this out. Changed from optus to TPG so email is much the same but tpg.com.au rather than optusnet.com.au

Those log manifolds are still waiting for you too

duza
have you had any success sorting this?

looking at the same problem with 92 v6 4runner swap.

i want to keep 5spd auto so ecu doesn,t go in limp mode.

also do you need anything else from donor car for auto to run?

It can be done but in the case of the 130 series involves a bit of a "Cut'N"Shut" on the extension housing to be able to fit the transfer case so therefore a bit of stuffing around and some $$ spent. But keep in mind the VVTi engines at the crossover came with both the 4 and 5 speed autos. The way to know for sure as both have the same transmission case is to drop the extension housing off the back of the auto and see if it has a clutch pack on the rear

wouldn,t mind spending the bucks to get adapted.

5 spd would have better ratios, i assume, for my needs.

1st and 2nd lower for beach work. better acceleration allround.

i see now that the 1uz vvti ecu,s can be cracked and immob pissed off.:D

had most of cutting and stuff sorted on paper.

now with 5spd auto in there, have to rehash all that.

thanks samsdad.