UZZ31 ECU dramas

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

satansspit

Hey guys,
I've got a 4Runner with a 1UZ-FE installed. I'm dealing with a faulty ECU at the moment ( part no. 89661-24220). I was hoping I could get some advice, or maybe just point me towards a replacement ECU. I've had no luck finding a replacement on the net, the closest I can find is part no. 89661-24240. This ECU has the same 40 40 40 pin config as mine so I was wondering if I could use it as a replacement considering the motor is in a different car anyway? Any advice you give will be much appreciated.
Thankyou.

is that a soarer ecu with a big no 36 on the lid
i have one of these which i can sell
its basically an early sc400 1uz ecu

ok ill check tomorrow when i get to work what my ecu has on it
where bouts r u located
ill try find a soarer i can plug my ecu into just to make sure it works
its been on my shelf for afew years

my ecu has big no 32 on it
pretty sure its an early soarer
some numbers on sticker are

175000 4410 12v

i cant see the proper toyota no above it

200 bucks
but i want to test it first
i hate sellign ecus for modified cars if i dont know the ecu works good
as sometimes if the wiring is stuffed and then it stuffs the new ecu its hery hard to prove so i sell them tested and usually without warranty cause sometimes it causes too many headaches if i give warranty
how do u know its ecu problem

Well the problem with the car is, it runs fine at idle and will drive fine for a few 100m then it starts to surge and eventually stalls. I took it to an auto electrician and he came back to me saying it's the ECU.

ok cool

did he check y it is stalling
is it injectors stopping or is it the spark stopping
of is it somehting stopping the fuel pump which can be bypassed
i would never trust a normal everyday auto elect when it comes to this type of diagnosing but im abit anal heheheheheh

if it surges and slowly stalls then its most prob fuel pump related
if injectors or spark stop suddenly the car might surge but then stop instantly

if it stalls slowly like as if your running out of fuel than maybe they wired up the original fuel pump ecu and thats failed which is common
there is a better way to wire up the fuel pump but for now run pump off the battery
and see if it plays up and if it cures ypour problem send us a case of jim beam cans hahahahaahhaah just kidding

yes a scanner will tell them everything they need to know

now u know y i hate normal everyday auto elects
they should stick to doing starters and alternators and body wiring stuff
anyway lets not get off topic heheh

Sounds like good advice. The car's still at his shop so I'll call him on Monday and have a chat :) From what your saying I think the fuel pump is probably the problem. Thanks heaps I'll post later and let you know how it goes.

no probs
tell him to find out what is causing engine to stall
eg no spark or no fuel then u can go blaming ecu

i wonder if he checked battery voltage when it dies? if the alt is buggered it will run for a bit while the battery runs the fuel pump then will die too.... just another idea anyway :D

it all depends hwo good he is
if battery is stuffed it would not crank easily
and if motor died and dash still worked then batt is ok
doesnt sound like batt problem

hey satan how good are the auto elects up that way

we want to move to tweed or coolangata area
im just contemplating if people would come down to me for getting work done