Twin Turbo Lexus

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SC400HuMpR5000

If I put two gt35rBB (gt40s with BOV powered anti-lag systems?)turbos in the space where the battery and where the airbox are currently, reguardless of needed structural modifications, with a twin intercooler system maybe a v-mount setup and umm...side pipes build into some body kit and a suspension (tein Flex or type drift, edfc, anti-roll bars, roll bars, toe out kit) realistically do you believe that a 800hp v8 lexus machine could run with a 1200hp supra? Excuse my run on sentance, but I did want to sensationalize my intent. I think the setup will yield a nice little drift car or a nice balanced daily driver in the least, I don't know if you have had a 700hp DSM or a modified FC3S Turbo II (like I did) to me it doesn't matter. I have 2 sc400s at my disposal, one to be twin turbo'd and one to be Whipple supercharged, I think this car has serious potential and I want people to know that the lexus V8 will be having its day by damn sight. Its time to get midevil on some supra ass ;)~. I am never going to give a time line, but this is just something I want to do to give motivation to all tuners in the pursuit of fast street speed. It might take a year and maybe less or maybe longer?, but I have the experience, and I have seen what lS1 engines are capable of and I believe that a fusion of JDM, American import tuner and some domestic muscle style will combine to make something very special. Something capable of 10 second time slips and yet make it home with 28mpg (thank you for the 208 mil spent on the engine, Lexus.) and then turn a 1.02g on a skid pad. A car that can enter a drift competition ( hell the sc has been proven even in the D1 competitions) then go to a track day, then back home to my wife for some sweet lovin'. Obviously drag racing is in the picture. Thank you Texas for the emissions strictness, and thank the lord for my insane mind (and some hydro) that wants to be showing these amazing Aussies and Kiwi's and a thing or two about American design in speed and deathwagen craft, I can't wait to scare the piss out of everyone. BS Flags be damned and stomped by my feet after I burn them down in front of the raisers faces. By the time I am driving my 2009 Rx-7 Turbo, my lexus will be complete. Hope Floats people, so I won't update this until I have something worth showing you. Just keep this post in the back of your heads when you step on your gas pedal while sitting in the luxury that this wonderful car can give you. The SC400 is my V8 hotrod, so lets see what it can do. :gives: :eek:wned: 420!!!!!! Never Forget 9/11. American power!!!!!!!

I think the twin GT35RBB might be little big. www.lextreme.com/GT.html Unless you do some engine mods like www.lextreme.com/1uzfe.html otherwise a twin GT2871R would be more then enough potential power.

800 bhp SC400 is not the same as the 1200 bhp Supra. Power is power regardless what its in. A 800 bhp SC400 might have a good match with a 800 bhp Supra. Due to larger engine more torque and greater hp per psi. Best of luck with your build and keep us updated.

i will also say keep us updated, and good luck with the build.. --a couple more motivating points--it WAS a twin turbo toyota v8 that FIRST went over 200 mph --easily enough were it was deemed to easy and of course, rules were changed so that the sixes didnt have to compete against it..
the v8 in the sc400 is not only bigger in displacement,, but lighter than the 3.0 liter.
there are advantages, and disadvantages--one major one is development.. i dont want to make it sound easy,, but getting HP from the six is a well traveled road..you can get parts everywhere-although expensive.. getting HP from the 8 may not just be expensive,, but a few misteps are bound to be made.. that is enough to discourage most people--people just dont like taking chances..
but,, if you truly desire something,, i believe you can do it..

Attachments

• zedtfcooler2.jpg
    zedtfcooler2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 8
Secrets lie in the drive trains for 0-80 speed

I have a 1992 sc400 biult and running nos at close to 500hp and I bet you I can run with any of those built sc and supra's forced air indution cars 0-80 My objective was 0-80 speed not quarter mile. The key is not in hp but in drive train, you do absolutely need a good amount of horsepower, but torque converter, lsd 4.08, 4.27 gearing, larger transmittion valves, drag tires low profile, tein coilovers, etc... and you will rocket by those super juiced up supra's that are just spinning out and not gripping.

Also anything over 500hp you will need to start changing out internal engine parts, like pistons and rods, etc... That can get pricey as I am finding out.

Yeah, I don't expect to be able to do all of this on the stock engine, I don't know if I should stick with the 4.0 or if I should move up the displacement(4.7 and up?). Is there anywhere on this planet that has cams for this car, maybe a higher revving engine is the trick here. What are the upper rev capabilities though? 8000 red line would be a good guess. I know power is power, but I think that with some lighter body panels and a huge torque band it should make up for some of the drivability issues that the big turbo supra guys are involved with. I also think that the AEM EMS will work nicely with our cars, just need to get that ignition set up down. Lots to think about though I am working on a twin down pipe system with an x pipe built into it then out to the side pipes, hopefully it will be loud because this engine should be heard. Thanks for your input, I knew it wise to share my ideas with you guys.

From the reading I have been doing 9000RPM should be atainable with the right rods from a 6 bolt bottom end (1UZ/3UZ).

Head flow will be the issue for massive horsepower, the valves do not have a huge amount of room to grow from what i have seen.

However with a set of Ross 8.5CR pistons and some bigish turbos, Kelford Turbo cams, dual 70mm TB's, some good rods(Maybe the eagles that David has been looking at), good intercooler, some porting etc then 800BHP should be doable, maybe even more.

I do not think we have seen the maximum power ability of this engine yet by a long shot.

Did I read that right do you have 4.0 with a stick shift, did you swap into an sc300, I don't think you can use the supra stick the bell housing is different. I was unaware they made a stick shift on an sc400, maybe soarer in Europe I am curious. Please let me know how you achieved that setup

I would not change out internal engine parts until you achieve 450hp (save the money)the stock motor pistons and rods can handle it. Anything over 475 you are pushing your luck as I am doing with my car now. Although no problems at 450-500hp for the last six months. Keep in mind that is with a nos application which creates instant internal engine stress. These motors are one of the best factory motors made to date in my opinion other than mercedes which is a close tie in my opinion. I have worked with ford and chevy for years in the past been at the lexus v8 motor for about a year and am very impressed.

SC400HuMpR5000 said:
and thank the lord for my insane mind (and some hydro) that wants to be showing these amazing Aussies and Kiwi's and a thing or two about American design in speed and deathwagen craft, I can't wait to scare the piss out of everyone. BS Flags be damned and stomped by my feet after I burn them down in front of the raisers faces

Sorry to run against the general consesus but I think this person has watched too many re runs of the Fast and the Furious whilst smoking his hydro pot.
That entire post sounds like my 13yr old and one of his mates trying to impress one another.
Appologies if i sound sinical but I have seen many posters of this caliber ruin the credability of good car forums.
If I am wrong about you sc400humpr5000 you have my sincerest appologies.
Cheers
Trev

I like Aussies for there lack of fear to say what is on their mind. I also think these Aussie's have the soarer down, I clearly see they have and produced effective superchargers (eaten) and I believe the turbo's too. Do we have those in production here in the states? Not as a complete fit with prefabed brackets. Until we catch up we must shut up and give perks where perks are due. Correct me someone if I am wrong. Headers too, no? I am talking about the 4.0 liter V8 applications. Also they are good surfers with their crash helmets. I would say most Assies are a little crazy, I mean who would play football without pads? Needless to say they also love their beer mate. Anyway for the Aussie above, speak your mind mate, but weren't you 13 once? Carry one my friend, and keep those soarer's roaring!

Attachments

• DSCF0610.JPG
    DSCF0610.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
Sorry to run against the general consesus but I think this person has watched too many re runs of the Fast and the Furious whilst smoking his hydro pot.
That entire post sounds like my 13yr old and one of his mates trying to impress one another.
Appologies if i sound sinical but I have seen many posters of this caliber ruin the credability of good car forums.
If I am wrong about you sc400humpr5000 you have my sincerest appologies.
Cheers
Trev
I'm with you :) if you were serious about this build you would have a clear thought out budget, course of action and mod list. Coz its not gonna be easy, or cheap despite what you may think.

So far you've chopped n changed ("maybe a revvy engine is the way to go") and have been very vague and uncertain about your modification path.

Dont get me wrong... i sincerely hope you prove me wrong and go a long way in developing and setting the benchmark for these engines, but I think to do so... you need to approach the situation from a much more professional viewpoint, not that of a blithering preacher over excited and under prepared :)

That is if you are even in a position to offer such knowledge and money and not just some crack addict fool from the intarwebnet.

I hate to be the pessimist, but ive seen WAY WAY too many of these posts on other forums I frequent. One thing I love about Lextreme, is that everyone is serious up front and genuine.

Prove me wrong....

Does anyone ever talk about traction?

I am new to these threads but from what I can tell most threads are based on how to modify and get horsey's, for all this talk about turbo's, superchargers, pistons, rod's. ecu's etc... Maybe I am the only one with an Lexus sc400 with major traction problems in the first two gears, and I am running a supra lsd, eibach's, fat rear tires, and I just can't grip. This all brings back bad memories of a 1988 mustang 5.0 I use to own back in the day. I am only running at 475hp last dyno and that is on a good day or let's say a cold night. People consider traction. Now people can anyone expand and tell me how to grip those rears. Keep in mind I am changing my eibach's out to Tein's and maybe drag low profile short life span tires. Are there any other alternatives for me other than 500lbs worth of sand bags in the trunk, I tried that and broke my spindal, and my wheel went flying off into someones front yard, true story.

What all these people don't consider is when and if you ever achieve these huge hp goals, you will have the power but not the traction, oops! Talk to me you automotive heads, expand and show your knowlege of traction that will impress me? Anyone? My appoligies for getting off the subject. but I would love to see the front end of my car rise rather then the back end burn rubber for a half a block, anyone?.

Can I ask what model, spring rate etc Eibach and Tein's your running ???

To my knowledge these companies specialize in stiff coilovers generally for drift use. I for one know that with TEIN Type FLEX Coilovers in my 180sx (300rwkw) NO TRACTION in the first 2 gears, and some in 3rd... but it suited my needs (drifting) I was better off with STANDARD gear in it if i wanted to race in a straight line...

Stiffer, harder suspension is not always the answer, you want something with some give so you can squat grip and launch, not just sit there rigid and spin with no give in your shocks/springs whatsoever.

More information may result in someone being able to offer you an alternative :)

Yeah im with nigno on that one, you will want a softer suspension, keyword is weight transfer, its why RWD cars properly set up will always beat a FWD setup. Just take a look at top fuel. But also, give information on what tires you are running. Size and brand. Tires make all the difference in the world.

Attachments

• lap island.jpg
    lap island.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
Tein's vs Eibach's no comparision!

Tein's are adjustable and have 3 different presets and a conrol box can be mounted inside the car. One touch of the button you can go from stiff to soft suspension. Ride height can be adjusted manually. I do get some wheel hop with the eibachs, very stiff, and I am told the tein's will eliminate that problem and keep the wheels on the ground which is key. That is a start! Second as far as weight transfer goes, there is no weight to transfer, unless I custum make a slide weight like the drag cars, but I don't think that can be done, besides additional weight is counter productive. Third I agree fat soft tires are key. I suppose I could go with fatter rears my 9.5 are not that fat, and those soft drag tires that come low profile I hear are awesome but life span is short. Does anyone know how deep the wheel wells go on the sc's? What is the fattest rear rims that I can go with without rubbing? Keep in mind the Eibachs lowered the car one inch, and the teins will go that low as well. The cool thing about the tein's also is they give you a little more suspension unlike the eibachs, as far as tire size I am currently running 18" low profile Z-rated goodyears on 9.5's. Any suggestions, I love my rims and they don't make that style any deeper they are italian allisso's. I wish I could alter the rims and have them cut and deepened to like 11.5. They say it cannot be done with aluminum rims, I did enquire around. So I am bummed on that. Thanks guys,