twin turbo Lexus V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice find. The driver treats the engine kind of strange. I bet he didn't have a hand in building it. :no: Maybe it just sounds different when you are actually there because it didn't sound that nice from the video. The inside of a race car doesn't give a goff environment for sound bites of course. I would like to see that engine close up.

no kidding. i sort of wondered why the revs bounced around like that on the top end. but then, i wasnt really thinking about it.

Yeah, I 've seen that happen in several turbo'd cars..

One of the reasons I have always tended to lean toward supercharging and Nos as apposed to turbo charging.....The turbo's do light it up when the boost is at an optimum, no dought..However, the lag and build up times some what stink as witnessed in the video...Still in any case when those turbo's kick that is the big power and a thrill to the driver...N/A power builds to turbo power..

However, that twin boost is rediculous in the vid...I am sure you can catch most cars with that monster..

Who drives with their engine at less than 5,000 rpm anyway? Come on Jibb ur getting old or something! :biggrin: I just like to give you a hard time. But seriously I didn't even consider the turbo lag when I watched that video. haha when your on the racetrack it's full throttle or full brakes so it doesn't matter.

Smitherz, it's cool....

Gotta say though from a dead stop you can't start at 5000 rpms unless you are manual and riding and frying the clutch, no? Maybe 2500rpm's if your brake torqueing at the blocks...In most cases you start at idle and around 1000-1500 rpm's or so from a dig. Your strickly N/A powered until the boost kicks in...Now don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to turbo up any motor if it had some real good 250-300whp worth of N/A power to begin with for starters...Then the lag doesn't really matter with that amount of N/A power. Traction then becomes an issue anyway from a dig.. I would be a little hesitant to turbo up any car with under 250whp of N/A power unless it was super light in weight, but that's just me.......Smithers it's all good, just giving my perspective on it...that is all, you can give me a hard time anytime you want, no problem...:smoker:

0 to 211 mph in 19 seconds? Is that at the Texas mile?

Does anyone know anything else about the car? Which engine? Displacement? Pump or Race gas/boost level? Horsepower/torque?

Actually he really did have a hand in it, quite a big hand in it in fact.

That is Maajola's car from this forum, I posted that video in my thread. Unfortunately he has sold the car now and his website seems to have gone offline (www.ultimastreet.com) :sad2:
That is too bad that he sold his car. I remember it was like 960 bhp in a very light car...... Its absolutely awesome achievement.

I don't see the turbo really lags in the vid. The RPM going down is associated with the blow-off valve, which releases the excessive intake air when the driver shifts. Every time he shifts, the throttle body closes and makes the blow-off valve work. However, the RPM is reluctant more than needed so I think the Tachometer wasn't installed correctly.

I rev my stock SC to 6000-6400 RPM many times so the high RPM is also important. N/A, turbo, or supercharger that are capable of providing power at high RPM is a must. Anyway, I like the custom body work. It's so nice. I wish I can have one...:tongue2:

Yeah the turbo coming on later is a good way to compliment the 1UZ powerband and capabilites. Of course is you are driving offroad you want instant power delivery so you would opt for a different setup. ANything with that much power is never comfortable to drive often, so I would prefer the power to be scary, brutal and impressive.

People with that kind of money are always buying and trading toys but he seemed pretty dedicated to the car with his website and work put into it. I hope nothing bad happened. He probably just got something better to play with.

You guys are all whimps!!!! Power it up and handle it like a man and not a beeaatttchhh......Someone once said there is no such thing as too much horsepower....

Be a man, hang on for dear life and never lay off the throttle!!!!!!!!:22: :trink26:

You guys are all whimps!!!! Power it up and handle it like a man and not a beeaatttchhh......Someone once said there is no such thing as too much horsepower....

Be a man, hang on for dear life and never lay off the throttle!!!!!!!!:22: :trink26:

the Lead Foot has a few disadvantages, most obviously, a good chance of catching a case of Death. which is permanent.

0 to 211 mph in 19 seconds? Is that at the Texas mile?

Does anyone know anything else about the car? Which engine? Displacement? Pump or Race gas/boost level? Horsepower/torque?

It was an Ultima GTR modified to fit the 1UZFE engine with I think the same displacement (4 litres) running on pump gas and I think the boost was somewhere around the 25psi mark.

As Lex said, it was about 960bhp and I believe about 700ft/lbs of torque, it was a monster. I really do hope he is okay but everything does seem a bit sudden, the website was cool does anyone know how to get a cached version or something?

If you search for all posts by Maajola you will be able to find some more information and videos scattered around, the one with the engine on the dyno hitting 960bhp was freaking sweet!