Twin Turbo GS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TTGS4

*I posted this in the engine section instead of the Fi section by accident, so its in two places......sorry mods. Im new here, still feeling my way around.lol

My car is just about done, the shop is just working out a little fine tuning....here's where its at right now. I will have it tuned for race gas in a few weeks to see what kind of numbers it puts out.

2000 GS400....V8 Twin Turbo with TH400 tranny.
550rwhp....655rwtq @ 18.5 lbs of boost on pump gas

DSC00286.jpg
DSC00281.jpg
DSC00279.jpg

Nice work... i noticed the turbo inlet pipe come from the back to the front on top of the engine. I assume u are using stock headers. Very interesting WG setup on the passenger side. I noticed the pipes are coated. Any problem with heat under the hood? You should consider Thermo-Sleeve those hot pipes...... Beautiful car.....

Precision GT32-55's........

The manifolds are not stock, they are custom made manifolds using Burns stainless(made by SRT).....the manifolds and downpipes are ceramic coated to help with the heat. I am about to start the heat protection on the wires, the coils, the underside of the hood, etc, etc. I will not be covering the manifolds though. I will see if I have a pic of the set up on the engine stand to give you an idea on the manifolds.

Awesome.... Even its a Tri-Y design but the path is still very similar as the above pictures right. Its interesting how the exhaust is being routed. What are the specs of the turbos?

If I am not mistaken, twin Garrett GT32 turbos. 55mm inducer and .63 a/r.

I may be mistaken though. : ) Jeff, hollar at me when you can. : )

Eric

Lextreme said:
Awesome.... Even its a Tri-Y design but the path is still very similar as the above pictures right. Its interesting how the exhaust is being routed. What are the specs of the turbos?

Based on the location and the SRT intercooler I would say that is Mo's work. Manifold wise it is probably more like upside down shorty's with each primary pointing up and then forward joining the common turbo feed pipe.

Looks like the Lexus 5 speed automatic is still a problem.

If I am correct and this is an SRT effort it is also significant that they have abandoned their original twin turbo location and manifolding.

Very nice but honestly something is holding this engine back... possibly cam timing. At nearly 19psi the engine is capable of much more. Still, 550rwhp/655rwtq is nothing to look down on EXCELLENT effort. I bet it absolutely ROCKS.

The TQ is quite high for the boost levels, and from what I understand, the tuning isn't quite complete. Cams would be of great help in making HP in this car, but honestly, since it's a beautiful street Lexus, I wouldn't go aggressive at all. There's no reason to make this into a rumble box. I wouldn't at least.

Eric