twin throttle body

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

aussie buggy

I have an off road race buggy that is has a rear mounted 1uz and have seen a twin throttle body set up using a second factory throttle body mounted opposite the original. My car will be running a Haltech e11V2 ecu and the motor is staight from the importers. Will i gain much from the second throttle body alone or do i need to change cams at the same time. I have a spare motor so very little expense if not buying cams. The engine is the cheapest part of the car so far, have posted a couple of pics to give you an idea of what i am on about. Trans is a Mendeola sequential 5 speed from the US. Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Attachments

• HPIM5845.jpg
    HPIM5845.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 60
  • HPIM5847.jpg
    HPIM5847.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 54
Member "Rivmasta" (I think that's correct) has twin t/b's mounted on top of his plenum.

He has a home built buggy also and lives in Sydney.

PM me if you can't find him on here I'll put you in contact with him.

Twin t/b's won't give you much extra power as the lower manifold restricts the air flow more the the t/b.

If you replaced the lower manifold with one like Justen made and did a cam swap you could pick up decent power but given the weight of your buggy you most likely have a good power weight ratio to start with. The cost of cams and new lower manifold wouldn't be less than $2,500.00 and then you would probably need an aftermarket ECU.

A second TB will give you a bit of extra throttle response, and will help it breathe a bit better in the top end, but as far as rwkw are concerned, there isn't much gain at all. Maybe 2-3rwkw at the most.

The lower half of the manifold is the bottleneck in an NA system.

You've seen the pictures on here,
I have one of Justin GT8's old manifolds, proven to make more power when under boost

When I re-dynoed my car it made power all the way up to 6100rpm but lost 25nm and about 5kw across the board. In a way you could say It spread the power out more across the rev range but didn't make any extra.

Car is very different to drive, even the induction noise is very different

Ahh interesting.
The stock ecu is obviously very well tuned for the stock manifold, and doesn't like any changes.

Would be interesting to get some back to back comparisons with aftermarket ecu and your manifold.

Hi All,

yep, i run dual throttle bodies on my supercharged setup.
what i have is 2 throttles bodies off a holden v6 an had then ported out to 69mm (std they are 65mm) then setup a cable linkage between them.

But i am looking at removing it for a large single 100mm throttle, or a twin butterfly unit off a viper or corvette which is between 65 or 72 mm

have provided a couple of pics for you to look at the setup

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Attachments

• P010709_14.28[02].jpg
    P010709_14.28[02].jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 22
  • P080109_16.47.JPG
    P080109_16.47.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 25
  • P230509_13.28.JPG
    P230509_13.28.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 141