Twin throttle bodies

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
No, twin throttle bodies does not make a diff

bubs said:
Does having twin throttle bodies on a 1UZ-FE help alot to these engines?

I have not found a lot of information about this.

Did twin throttle bodies come stock?

Cause i am about to modify my stock plenium chamber to suit two throttle bodies.

Hi

I tried playing with a twin unit on my car before i stuck the eight throttle body setup which has blown me away.

We had the standard plenum flow benched and recorded a loss of around 20% vs 3% loss flowed on our eight throttle body manifolds and setup.

Cheers

Tony

Just thought I'd post this here.

I will know the power increase in a few days.

twin_throttle_2.jpg

Twin Intake Manifolds

Hi Guys, it has been done before a guy over here in nz built a f40 with twin turbos and 1uz , they just cut 2 intakes down the middle, and joined them together, the web site does not show the manifold, but i have seen the car and have photos somewhere, it may be worth an email to Steve Cox at [email protected] http://www.f40.co.nz/f40/Engine_photo.htm.
it may save some time, no point reinventing the wheel.

regards
Lambo

Just thought I'd post the results of the dyno.

We now have 240rwhp, or 180rwkw.

I think this is the limit of the NA cams.

Upper end power is much nicer, and the response off the line is beautiful

Toyota Plenum

pro240c said:
sweeeeeet. :)
Hi

Tony here from UZ Quad Cam. I did the twin throttle body setup initially, but due to running through the Toyota plenum , really gained no extra oomph or change in power.

When we did the head flowtests on our eight throttle body manifolds,the results showed us that we lost between 18-22% flow through the Toyota Plenum vs 3% to that of our manifold setup.

You can see why when you look at the standard plenum.

Hope this information helps

Tony

Pic of my twin throttle body manifold

I have uploaded a pic of the start of my twin throttle body manifold (thanks R-Jay (Tan) for the second manifold and TB ). I want it to look stock when finished rather than welding a 2nd throttlebody on the other side as I have yet to see one that looks neat and have good flow as the factory one has nicely rounded corners (and there's some bolt holes to worry about).

I made a jig, cut them on a metal bandsaw and milled them (2mm left to mill off in the photo). I have shaped a plate to go at 45 deg in the centre to force each manifold to go to the front or the back as I was worried about the gas pulses hitting each other (not an issue in NA). I'll post more pics when it get back from welding next week (aiming to have it on the motor for the Lextreme meet in Canberra on Sunday week!)

Here's a couple of piccy's of my twin barrel T/B setup. I know it is a bit removed from the setups you are talking about but I thought you may be interested.

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres an old pic of one we made a we made a while back. We won't be using this one, so if anyones interested.....

Last edited by a moderator: