Turbo or general mods?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jago

Gday,
I have a 92 sc400 and wanted to get a bit more performance, not heaps, but around 180 rwkw. So I was going to put on the basics - Exhaust, Headers, Air intake/BFI and Chip, which should achieve this power. I estimated the cost to be a little over $3,000AUD. I was just wondering would it be a better option to install a turbo in terms of power and price. Can anyone give me a very ruff estimate of price for a decent turbo kit + installation + intercooler (if not already priced in turbo kit) and what sort of power would I look at running around 10ish psi.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

There is no way your going to get a turbo setup for our cars for even close to that kind of money. You could spend that on just the intake manifold($1200+) and turbo exaust headers($700-900). Unless your going used for the turbo its going to be at least another $1000. Intercooler and piping is another couple hundred. Then all your little misc. parts. If you could do a turbo for $5000 you'd be doing really good keeping the cost down.

The cost is ALWAYS more then you budget! the best advice I can give is to try and make up your mind, and have a game plan before you start. Purchasing things like headers, and an exhaust, then having to change all of it to do a turbo set up is a waste.
A boosted setup will be alot more power per dollar then N/A.

get a set of cams from kelford.
get a piggyback computer.
use JBrady's exhaust headers.
look at a shift kit for your transmission
and i would look at the ITB setups advertised on this site.