Turbo muffler position

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krayn

Hi all,
Im about to start my turbo exhaust and would like some advice on where to place to muffler/silencer. I am building a single turbo 1uz with a 3"dump pipe. I plan on making the entire exhaust out of 3" mild steel and mandrell bends. My question is where would be the best place to locate the muffler, at the very rear of the car or close to the engine or half way along? What change if any dose placing the muffler closer to the rear of the car, Is it more droney noise, better preformance ect ect. Any help appreciated, Kris

The turbo will take some niose out of the deal, but it's good to listen to other's cars to compare, since it's all a very subjective thing.
I have found that a couple resonators are needed(rear, middle) on n/a cars to keep the rumbling from turning into a drone as the revs increase, this happens with large tubing where the tumbling of the gasses will create the effect.

I want it to sound fairly loud as the ute will mostly be doing drag type duties. Will try a single 3" muffler at the rear. As you say the turbo will take out a lot of noise?