Trunk Vibrations

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

Hey guys, here's my situation. I installed two 12" subs into my trunk and utilized the space of where the spare tire goes. This system is bolted directly to the car, therefor the vibrations carry out a lot more. Trunk rattling is absolutly crazy, however i got most of them. There are only a couple left. Rattling noise in the actual bumper and in the tail lights. I took off the tail lights to see if i could figure it out, maybe it was rattling against the trunk, that wasn't the case tho as there is a huge rubber gasket between the housing and the trunk. Then i figured out it was from the inside of the tail light; there is this lense in the light. I think its there to spread out the light so it doesnt look like there is a lightbulb there. Anyway i cant take out the screws to it unless i take apart the tail light, which i dont know how to do. Does anybody know how to do this? And does anybody know how to take off the bumper or maybe link me to a site with a DIY type thing.

Ill really apreciate anything because these rattling noises ruin the whole sound they are so loud.

Thanks,
Nick

hey i am about a week away from installing two 12" subs in my 91 LS400. i was just wondering how you installed your subs and how it looks like. any pictures would be helpful, thanks

Well, im not done with it, but i can show you a pic anyway, youll get the just of it. the subs are temporary but they work. Eventually im going to buy some plexi glass and cover it all with it, and make it flush with the trunk so when i lay down the carpet it will be flat. Im going to cut a hole in the carpet around the subs and amp. I havent decided what im going to do to vent the airspace between the subs and the plexiglass. Im not sure what you had planned, but if your going to use the spare tire area like i did to be part of the box then i highly suggest you fiberglass the inside very well... i found out the hard way how soft the metal is down there. those two subs at not even half power put a huge crack down the metal. So what did you have planned? Got any pics?

You need to sound deaden your trunk. Especially if you're running two subs. Here's what I used: http://www.raamaudio.com/ You can see pics of my install on my website. At the minimum lay down one solide layer of mat. Then fix any rattles of foam, small thin pieces of rubber, or something similar. I used double sided sticky tape on my licence plate and it never rattles.