Trunk wont pop on sc400.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

feztallica

Whenever i have to open my trunk it is impossible to pop it from the driver's seat, i have to go to the trunk, insirt my key, pull up and twist the key. the point is that there is not enough force to even let the trunk open even a little. i think that the spring is not working, but i'm not sure. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like the trunk struts are weak. When you replace them, remove the little rubber block from on top of the hinge tube, this will allow the trunk lid to open farther making strut replacement MUCH easier.

It seems your problem is the trunk struts. I bought an aftermarket pair of those for my SC on Ebay for around $40 and they worked out wonderfully for more than a year now. The instruction is included with the package.

feztallica said:
Whenever i have to open my trunk it is impossible to pop it from the driver's seat, i have to go to the trunk, insirt my key, pull up and twist the key. the point is that there is not enough force to even let the trunk open even a little. i think that the spring is not working, but i'm not sure. Any ideas? Thanks.