Transmission question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lexus surf

I have put this question in the transmission section but recently discovered 4x4 section so i'll ask here as well

feedback.gif
HI ALL,
Was after info on whether my theory is viable or not,
I am wanting to transfer a lexusV8 into my v6 surf and retain the tranny that comes with the V8 since the ecu controls it, I read that the output shafts and tail housing can be swapped from the A340h into the V8 tranny, to be able to fit up the transfer case. But not wanting the hydraulically operated low range was wondering if the A340F will have the same outputshaft or if it can be swapped into the V8 tranny, since they are very similar. I am wanting to retain manual shifting of transferbox. This will leave with an option of later upgrading to dual transfer cases. would i be right to assume this? and will the A340F handle the power?
progress.gif

If you do a search on this forum you should find the info you need.

It looks like a custom adapter is needed to run a gear driven transfer case behind the V8 auto.

A guy in NZ is looking at making these adapters, check out www.ore.co.nz

Cheers
Matt.

cheers for the reply, i looked there good info there alot of what is here is there? thanks.
looks like i am going to swap engines sooner than i thought since the v6 head has cracked , right hand side closest to firewall. ringing the wreckers to find a replacement head, ($400) seems like a common thing for these engines. bugger, have had to bike everywhere, boo to that :squint:

Buggar, at least you now have a good excuse to get the swap underway!

Apparently Marlin Crawler make an adaptor now to fit a gear driven transfer case behind the auto, if that fitted the V8 auto then you would be away and racing.

I haven't seen a fully automatic auto conversion yet, all the ones I have seen have been running after market ECU's with fully manualised auto's.

Matt.