Toyota V12

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i thought the maclaren was more of a joining of two m3 engines, than a redesign of the v12 they've got. whatever the case, a wicked engine.

superlex1 said:
Who's up for a v12 conversion in a sc400 (sc500) that would be wicked
a Supra would be better i think. its made to handle good, an SC400 isnt. not to mention you could have a very good possiblity of making the V12 twin turbo if you put it in a Supra.

why would you be able to twin turbo a v12 supra but not a v12 engined sc? arent the bays a similar size?
with some work sc's can be made to handle. for example, there is an sc in D1, but no supras..

well, what i mean is that a Supra... a SC400 is made to accept a V8, but a Supra is made to accept a strait 6, which is longer than a V8. so is a V12. so(im just assuming here) it would be easier to fit the V12 in the Supra rather than the SC400. i recall that the thread starter said that the V12 was a bit longer(thought not by much) than a 1UZ, so you would have a better chance of getting turbos if you put the V12 in the Supra than in the SC400. not to mention the Supra is lighter than a SC400, thus better handling, braking and accelerating figures.

i thought it would be the other way round. an engine bay designed for a straight six, will be narrower (presumably) than a v8 engine bay, so if the v12 is only slightly longer than a v8, the twin turbo v12 would fit easier in a sc. i think someone should try this out and show us the result. i think a supra would be easier because you could buy a factory 6 speed, so no hassles with installing clutch pedals etc and also the easier availablity of aftermarket performance parts. but then, if you're doing a twin turbo v12 conversion, these would be rather trivial issues.

It's two i6's joined in V form. No internal balancing needed because it naturally has perfect balance
I have to disagree. I gurantee it doesnt have "perfect" balance.

Very interesting engine. It is about time. Toyota said some time ago that "if Toyota ever built a sports car again, it would be in the Lexus line, and be priced like the NSX". Maybe we are finally going to get something.

I dont think the engine would be an easy fit for an MA70, but anything is possible. I would just assume the 1UZ for a swap for me.

inline motors in some cases require more room side to side then a v becouse the intake and exhaust manifolds are on the sides rather then top and bottom. mesure a 2jz-gte from the most extream point of one side (turbo housing) to the other most exream side (intake manifold) and youll find its not mch diffrent then the V8

also RSR runs a supra in D1. and there have been many independent teams running supras over the years.

so no one has a suggestion on an importer who could possably get one of these motors?

Its nice to have a V12, but i would not personally want it.
I hate to say it but...this forumla screams of Toyotas vision of Lexus. The more cylinders you have, the smoother the engine runs. Regardless of anything else. You have more firing pulses per cycle. And very univolved is what Toyota wants the car to be.

You won't find a smoother engine than Toyota's JZ i6's
I will take that challenge. I will submit my 7M to NVH and decible test to any JZ.

so no one has a suggestion on an importer who could possably get one of these motors?
not entirely, but i know they came in a toyota century.. i would start by calling around and seeing if anyone can line up a century halfcut.

a GZ supra would be the bees knees.. though youre not going to have 1/10th the community support you get with the UZ.

with a motor like the GZ you are gunna have to be willing to accept that you can take care of the install and maintnace on your own, its one of those if you have to ask you are not ready for it situations, i guess sence i cant find an importer who has any idea at all what a century is or that toyota ever made at V12, i guess that means im not ready for it, tho im confadent i could get it to work if i got my hands on one.

No support for the engine and spare parts would be expensive and hard to get.
Would be well worth the effort if you the had the cash though

Jake Breyck said:
with a motor like the GZ you are gunna have to be willing to accept that you can take care of the install and maintnace on your own, its one of those if you have to ask you are not ready for it situations, i guess sence i cant find an importer who has any idea at all what a century is or that toyota ever made at V12, i guess that means im not ready for it, tho im confadent i could get it to work if i got my hands on one.
i dont doubt you, but what i meant was, you wont have the support of guys around aus and nz making custom bellhousings, cams, throttle bodies etc etc.

of course you could have the engine running and have some fun with it, you just wont be able to do the same things with it.

edit - okay i see youre in florida, so aus and nz doesnt mean diddly to you, but still.. you know what i mean.

Anaema said:
a Supra would be better i think. its made to handle good, an SC400 isnt. not to mention you could have a very good possiblity of making the V12 twin turbo if you put it in a Supra.
The Supra, and the SC are the same car. it's like a Camaro, and a Firebird.
If anythin the SC actually has a slightly longer nose due to the styling. the Supra nose is a little shorter.

But both car can fit an I6 in length, and both cars can fit a V8 in width.
The SC400 isn't any different then the SC300 or the Supra.
I haven't done it, but I don't see why they couldn't hold a V12.

I have a couple photos of my SC400 with the motor, & trans out. I'll try and post them tonight. You could have a party in the engine bay there is so much room.
Actually I think I will!
Party :beerchug: It's B.Y.O.B.

Attachments

• ls400_1992_89661-50032.jpg
    ls400_1992_89661-50032.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 17
I'm not sure what the point would be of putting one in since there are 5.65L stroker kits out for the SCs, and it comes in a much more compact form than an ungainly V12.